Animation Production Intern
Austin, TX /
Shared Services – University Relations /
Rooster Teeth Animation Studio is looking for an Animation Studio Production Intern to join our team for the Winter semester.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for animation and project management, specifically in producing episodic and feature CG animation production. This candidate should also be a go-getter and eager to learn about all phases of the animation production pipeline. In your time as an Animation Production intern you will learn how an animation studio operates each step of the way, from Pre-Production through delivery, the goal being to expose this candidate to all phases of animation production, and to develop production skills to lead teams and projects in the future.
You’ll work closely with producers and coordinators throughout the studio and build your knowledge of the animation industry. You will also support some of our studio projects such as Red vs. Blue: Family Shatters, Death Battle, Rooster Teeth Animated Adventures, and RWBY. While we are currently working from home, we would love the opportunity to get you into the studio to work side-by-side with our production team, so being local to Austin is a plus.
**All Rooster Teeth Internships are paid**
- Work alongside production leads, producers, and coordinators on multiple animation projects
- Collaborate with team members to review and provide feedback on deliverables to ensure quality
- Assist our social media team with curating and preparing media
- Assist producers with various tasks, such as file archiving, as they directly relate to the projects being worked on
- Take concise notes during production syncs to provide team members insight into discussions and communicate project needs
- Be open to the fast-pace nature of the animation studio by jumping into different tasks as they are assigned
- A passion in production management, coordination, and animation
- Pursuing a career in production management or coordination
- Must have a good internet connection (living in Austin, Texas, is a plus)
- An interest in learning and a motivated self-starter
- Working knowledge of Google Drive and file management
- Great communication skills, especially in an online environment
- Be highly collaborative and a team supporter
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
Who We Are
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community-built entertainment company in Austin, TX. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth podcast network, and a daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and an animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company.