Senior Concept Artist - Games
Entertainment – Content & Production
Rooster Teeth Games in Austin, TX is looking for a Senior Concept Artist to help us create high-quality, photo-realistic concepts for all stages of development including idea generation, fast sketching/thumbnails, color and light studies, mood paintings, character model sheets, cinematic storyboards, polished illustrations for marketing and much more.
- Create high-quality, photo-realistic concepts for a wide variety of production needs:
- characters, weapons, vehicles, environments, UI, etc
- Iterate on new ideas using rapid sketching and thumbnails
- Create environment mood paintings, lighting studies, color keys, and color scripts
- Create clear, communicative storyboards for in-game cinematic sequences
- Create final, polished illustrations for marketing and promotional materials
- Collaborate with game design team to solve problems where art and design meet
- Collaborate with Art/Creative Director to create an innovative, artistic vision for our current (and future) game titles
- Amazing portfolio with a wide range of genres and styles in characters, weapons, vehicles, environments, UI, etc.
- Strong sense of design and composition with a good eye for detail and scale
- Expert level understanding of composition, color, lighting, mood and anatomy
- Ability to create functional designs that 3D modelers can build assets from
- 8+ years professional game development experience with 3+ years in a Senior or Lead Artist role
- Minimum of 2 shipped game titles, from pre-production to final release (preferably AAA console or PC title)
- Positive, team-oriented attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated, comfortable working without direct supervision
- Must have a sense of humor
- Must be comfortable working in a small, highly collaborative team
- Must be able to accept critique of your work and have the ability to embrace change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art/Design or equivalent game industry experience
- Ability to create concept art in 3D using Maya and/or Zbrush
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge and passion for industrial design and Sci-fi themes
Benefits + Perks:
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Use What You Need paid time off
- Opportunity for career growth
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly!
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world.
Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.