2D Environment Concept Artist - (Contract)
Entertainment – Content & Production
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a talented and passionate 2D Environment Artist to join the team for the studio’s newly announced project; Gen:Lock.
Gen:Lock is a CG-mecha anime that tells the story of humanity on the losing side of a global culture war. An Experimental Science Unit is pushed to identify a team of young pilots who can control a variety of prototype, next-generation mecha—giant, robotic, weaponized bodies. The recruits will find, however, that their newfound abilities come at no small cost.
We're looking to fill positions for this project ASAP.
- Create thumbnails, sketches, model sheets and production paintings within deadline.
- Ensure that concept art is consistent with defined visual style for the show.
- Contribute original visual design ideas throughout pre-production and production. Create additional illustrated concepts for marketing and PR needs.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director and other Concept Artists to produce quality designs that define and expand the look of the show.
- Partnering with internal and external artists to collaborate on large creatively complex assignments.
- Ability to integrate 3D software into the visual design process
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including color space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management (be it file format, bit depth resolution or appropriate layering of elements.)
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and color.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional aptitude for time management in relation to bringing multiple priorities and tasks to completion within a set deadline.
- Experience creating concept artwork in different styles for various genres
- Exceptional ability creating traditional 2D art and you know when to work quick to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down and polish an image for public consumption
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.