Lighting Artist - (Contract)
Entertainment – Content & Production
Rooster Teeth is looking for a skilled lighting artist to hop on board and join our ever growing team. The job requires that the applicant be strong both aesthetically and technically in order to produce work required for
the show. The applicant must also be able to interface daily with the leads and directors in order to achieve the look required for the show.
- Responsible for creating cg lighting that meets both the aesthetic and technical needs of the project
- Be able to light and render shots as quickly as possible across multiple shows
- Must have the ability to work within the specified pipeline
- Be able to troubleshoot common lighting and rendering issues within a pipeline
- Must be able to work with lighting lead on reviewing work for submission
- Skilled in troubleshooting and can problem solve lighting related issues
- Must have the ability to work with multiple departments in order to meet their needs
- Demo reel showcasing a wide variety of lighting work
- Knowledge of lighting and rendering within Maya and Max
- 1-3 years experience
- Experience with a scripting language a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT Rooster Teeth:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering creative production studio responsible for award-winning online videos such as "Red vs. Blue," the longest-running web series in history; globally acclaimed animated series "RWBY;"comedy gamer series, "The Gauntlet;" comedy series "Rooster Teeth Shorts;" and "Immersion," a show that tests video game concepts in the real world. Rooster Teeth founded and operates "Achievement Hunter," the popular gaming website, and produces the award-winning "Rooster Teeth Podcast," voted Best Gaming
Podcast at the 2013 Podcast Awards.
With a dedicated worldwide fan community, Rooster Teeth created RTX, an annual gaming and Internet convention held in Austin, TX, which attracts tens of thousands of gamers, online video fans and Rooster Teeth community members from around the world. The Rooster Teeth YouTube channel became the 4th most viewed YouTube channel in the world (non-music) in 2013. The
Rooster Teeth multi-channel network has over 20 million YouTube subscribers and more than 5 billion views, and the Rooster Teeth website has 3 million unique monthly visitors with 1.8 million registered community
Founded by Matt Hullum and Burnie Burns, Rooster Teeth is a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences.
Discover more at http://www.roosterteeth.com.