Sr. Software Engineer, Backend
Shared Services – Engineering
Rooster Teeth is a fast-paced, rapidly growing team that creates award winning shows and feature length productions targeting gamers, anime fans and a wide range of others for both its own web platforms and others including YouTube, Netflix, Go90 and CrunchyRoll. We are looking for a talented senior Backend Software Engineer to join our world-class engineering team. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and uptime. If you are someone who gets excited with sub-millisecond service response time and building fault-tolerant systems at data center level, then this is a great role for you.
- Design and implement high performance, large scale and highly available distributed services.
- Follow-through from project inception through design to detailed completionIterate on solutions based on internal and external (customer) feedback
- Participate in design process, gathering requirements with other engineers and designers
- Define and lead the adoptions of best practices and processes.
- Test driven development and continuous integration.
- Collaborate efficiently with PM and other developers to build our next generation video streaming platform.
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years professional software development experience with a standard Rails stack (Rails, Postgres, ActiveAdmin, Redis, Sidekiq…)
- Experience designing and implement high performance, large scale distributed services.
- Comfortable working with internal client teams (iOS, Android, marketing...) to spec out requirements
- Confident in Test Driven Development (TDD) and profiling (our service is growing so speed and technical debt are a major concern)
- A passion for writing great code that is maintainable and standards-driven
- Must be self-directed and be able to prioritize own workload
- Strong grasp Computer Science fundamentals (Data Structures, Algorithms, etc...)
BONUS POINTS IF
- AWS Services
- Software (Apache, Memcached, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Version control (Git)
- Containerization (Docker)
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.