Entertainment – Animation
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for an intermediate-level software engineer to support the growth of our pipeline! The ideal candidate has experience collaborating, contributing, and developing in an engineering team environment to create systems designed by the coding team. The animation department at RT has long been a driving force within the company, creating such shows as RWBY, Red vs. Blue, Camp Camp, and RWBY Chibi.
We believe passionately in attracting the best and brightest for our team, creating the most engaging and impressive animated productions online or elsewhere (while also having more than a little fun in the process). A strong candidate will have a proven track record of creative leadership, interpersonal skills, and production experience to help the company fulfill its objectives.
- Develop software and establish workflows for RoosterTeeth's content creation pipeline.
- Create standardized pipeline tools, methodologies, and documentation.
- Develop custom tools and plugins for 3D and game-engine applications (Maya, Unreal Engine, Houdini) to automate manual tasks, implement custom CG algorithms, standardize import/export of data, etc..
- Provide technical support for artists.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Team-motivated with a good work ethic and desire to constantly improve
- Experience with C/C++
- Strong computer architecture knowledge
- Experience using C#, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with digital content creation tools (Houdini , Maya, etc.)
- Interest in usability and user interface design
- Strong grasp of 3D mathStrong verbal and written communication skills
- Plug-in experience for Houdini or Maya
- Shader coding knowledge
Benefits + Perks:
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 3 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.