Live Action VFX/Motion Graphics Generalist - (Contract)
Entertainment – Content & Production
This position will be working to come up with solutions for VFX projects on our live-action short form content. Candidate will need both a good grasp of 3D basics, compositing skills, and motion graphics. Tasks may include designing and developing show opens, titles and ancillary graphics for various productions, as well as green screen replacement, Must possess the ability to work quickly and intelligently in a very fast-paced and creative-focused environment with multiple producers. We’re looking for individuals who consistently strive to raise the bar and push their own creative limits, learn new techniques, and incorporate new ideas.
- Strong compositing skills in After Effects
- Proficiency with Red Giant Universe, Trapcode Particular, and Form
- Good grasp of color correction and color theory
- proficiency in a 3D program, ideally Cinema 4D and integrating files with a compositing program
- Experience working with 3D particle systems
- Ability to work with various creative leads
- The ability to think through and break down a shot and come up with an approach to realize an effect.
- Participating in pre-production planning, leading discussions on how to shoot for VFX
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions geared toward specific client solutions
- Able to conceptualize and create 3-D, 2-D and motion/VFX graphics within the company style guides
- At least 3 years real-life experience creating motion graphics and/or other graphics work required
- Ability to estimate and manage project goals and deadlines.
- Designing and animating high-end digital content
- Creating concepts, boards and style frames (when appropriate)
- Helping to maintain file management, system efficiencies, and establishing technical specifications
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in design and animation
- Expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Proficiency in a design-oriented 3D program. We primarily use Cinema 4D
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Detail-oriented and passionate about creating engaging, inspiring work.
- Deep understanding of typography, storyboards, concept design, storytelling, movement, and interactivity
- Passion and drive for higher quality product and better customer service
- Ability to work independently but also take direction
- Ability to collaborate with team and provide and take constructive criticism
- Strong self-starter and strategic thinker; attention to detail and deadline oriented performer a must with the strong ability to multi-task
- Must be able to juggle, organize and successfully execute multiple projects within individual deadlines
- A passion for current technology and continued creative growth