3D Lighting and Texture Team Lead - Contract (Remote options)
Austin, TX /
Entertainment – Animation - Contract /
Rooster Teeth is looking for a new lead in our Pre-Production department. The Lead LookDev Artist for Rooster Teeth Animation is an integral role to successfully maintaining high fidelity content across multiple mediums and artistic styles. This position allows the animation department to experiment and innovate upon the current production pipeline process in CG/3D animation, providing a landscape of collaboration throughout the multi-disciplined department.
- Execute on Art Director’s Vision and work with Viz Post Supervisor to implement final looks and materials for CG characters and environments
- Working with look dev artists to confirm proper texture and shader creation
- Participate as a team member in determining the various design and technical solutions; provides feedback to other team members of the production.
- Working with look dev artists to maintain the Material Library in SG
- Write and/or modify custom shaders, define standard render passes for a project
- Work closely with Lighting TD's and supervisors to ensure that all assets work within the scope of lighting & comp pipeline requirements.
- Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets
- Keep Art Director and Art Production informed of any issues that arise and offer creative solutions to those issues.
- Implement and Follow AOV standards
- Light Sets
- Review Artist’s Version via SG Daily.
- Innovate on current pipeline procedures as new techniques and software become available as well as to enhance currently existing workflows in conjunction with show/department production staff.
- Follow proper document management requirements, according to the production’s guidelines.
- Collaborate with leadership to properly document production disciplines for our pipeline.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully.
- 4+ years of experience in animation production
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with 3D (3ds Max, Maya, Cinema4D, Nuke) and Adobe Suite, specifically After Effects, and Photoshop / Illustrator
- Have worked with or have an understanding of the PSOFT Pencil+ plugin for 3ds Max
- Experience with a broad range of visual effects techniques and approaches
- Having worked with or have an understanding of Shotgun Software is a plus
- Strong traditional art background is a plus
- Familiar with animation pipelines, render processes, and composition
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Works well with short deadlines and fast turnarounds (able to adapt to changing deadlines)
- Experience with a studio pipeline and flow of production
Who We Are
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community-built entertainment company in Austin, TX. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth podcast network, and a daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and an animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company.