Entertainment – Content & Production
Rooster Teeth is looking for a rigging artist to hop on board and join the team. This person will be responsible for not only creating high dynamic rigs but also work with the animation team in order to support their needs. The rigging artist also needs to be able to work with our tech team in order to create the necessary scripts and tools required for the job.
- Create rigging and skinning on new and existing characters
- Create facial shapes for expressions for the characters (blend shapes & bones)
- Add joints into the model, skin weighting, and blend shape creation for the rig
- Provide technical direction on models, as needed, ensuring technical requirements are met prior to rigging phase.
- Communicate the need for custom tools and scripts to supervisor.
- Assist with developing approved custom tools.
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and kinematics
- 3+ Years of experience with modeling, rigging and skin weighting Mel/Python experience a must
- Experience working collaboratively
- Studio experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of modeling and animation workflows
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a production pipeline
- Maya Experience Required
- 3ds Max experience a plusDemo Reel and Resume
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code and office hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT Rooster Teeth:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 38 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.