Producer - The Lab
Entertainment – Content & Production
Is there a badass showrunner inside you waiting to come out? Are you ready to throw yourself into the fire of high volume, fast paced ideation to production, with weekly deadlines? The Lab will be a new 4 person creative team of individual ‘writer-producer-director-actor-editors’ that generate short-form video quickly to keep up with trends, and provide our audience with fresh content.
Our focus is comedic experimentation. The Lab will be piloting new premise-based unscripted formats and office-based sketches. We will be operating with limited resource and budget. Therefore, as a team we will be sharp, scrappy, and punching above our weight. These videos will live in some combination on the Rooster Teeth site, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
The ideal candidate will be able to take an idea all the way through the creative process, from scripting to acting/casting to producing, shooting and editing. They will also have their fingers on the pulse of internet social trends in the gaming and animation worlds, a passion for creation and visual thinking, and great communication skills.
Please submit a resume with relevant experience in writing, producing, directing, editing or on camera work. Include links to any of your past work online that you think merges RT's sensibility and your talents: your reel, portfolio, or otherwise.
- Generate 5 new ideas for short form videos at the open pitch meeting every Monday.
- Be prepared to lead projects assigned to you with 48 hour deadlines making you the writer, producer, director, editor, and on camera host/actor.
- Collaborate with the team to ideate, write, produce, direct, act, and support department content output.
- Monitor and manage time to execute projects on tight deadlines.
- Keep track of Internet trends, memes, and events and news in the gaming world.
- Unafraid, clever and ingenuitive at building sets and props.
- 2-5+ years professional writing, producing, or editing experience
- Working knowledge of camera and lighting gear
- Able to do basic edits with iMovie, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere
- Able to write short scripts or treatments for non-scripted and scripted content
- Must thrive in pressure, be a team player, be articulate with needs, and understand how to lead through delegation
- Working knowledge of how to effectively run a set during a shoot as you will be your own AD
- Excellent sense shot composition and visual thinking
- Positive team-oriented attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated (comfortable working without direct supervision)
- Must be comfortable working in a small, highly collaborative team
- Must be able to accept critique of your work and have the ability to embrace change
- Must have a sense of humor
Benefits + Perks:
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Opportunity for career growth
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.