Senior Product Designer
ROSS Intelligence’s mission is to democratize the law. We are developing technology powered by deep neural networks that can read and answer questions about the law, enabling lawyers to enhance and scale their services to more people. Backed by Y-Combinator and other top VCs, ROSS is transforming the legal industry with artificial intelligence.
We are in the AI revolution. History will look back at this time as a period that accelerated the world towards a brighter future. ROSS Intelligence is leading the charge in the law.
We are a team of deep learning experts who trained under the pioneers in the field at the University of Toronto and world-class lawyers. Join us and help us shape the future of the legal industry.
About the role:
As a Product Designer, you will play a pivotal role in developing innovative, intuitive, and efficient ways of working for lawyers. (Think Google, Asana and Slack for lawyers). You will be owning projects end-to-end from user research to prototyping, collaborating with all teams in the company.
We look for self-starters with 5+ years of generalist experience. Your portfolio should indicate an excellent track record of shipping great projects in a fast-paced environment, showcasing an amazing product sense and UX/UI design work. Decisions should be backed by research and metrics whenever possible. Ability to code is not required.
Competitive salary and equity.
How you'll make an impact:
- Build a vision and system for a coherent overall product experience
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to define, build, and grow ROSS product
- Work cross-functionally with customer success, sales, marketing, and other teams
- Drive design solutions rationally with both qualitative and quantitative data
- Lead projects to achieve compelling, usable user experiences that provide great value
- Design end-to-end from lo-fi wireframes to hi-fi mockups to prototypes
- Prepare continual product experimentation and iterations
- Be an advocate for users and great user experience
- Proactively exchange feedback for a transparent, collaborative, positive culture
- Help recruit new designers and actively participate in hiring process
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of application design
- 5+ years of visual design
- 5+ years of interaction design
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams, including engineers, lawyers, and product managers
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Penchant for taking initiatives
- An amazing portfolio that illustrates ability to design extremely high-quality digital experiences that are intuitive and visually compelling
- Excellent design thinking and problem-solving ability
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the domain
- Ability to break down and analyze very complex problems
- Ability to draw broad and deep insights from user feedback and behaviors
- Proficient in Sketch and a prototyping tool of choice