Senior Product Designer
ROSS Intelligence’s mission is to democratize the law. We are developing technology powered by deep neural networks that can read and answer questions about the law, enabling lawyers to enhance and scale their services to more people. Backed by Y-Combinator and other top VCs, ROSS is transforming the legal industry with artificial intelligence.
Not only will you be compensated generously at ROSS, but you will also be working towards a social good: democratizing the law. You will be creating products enabled by AI, a technology that is set to transform the world. You will work on diverse projects across the company. Last but not least, you will be a part of a close-knit and familial team that is just as ambitious and motivated as you are in the heart of downtown Toronto, one of the most vibrant and multi-cultural cities in the world.
About the role:
As a Product Designer, you will play a pivotal role in developing innovative, intuitive, and efficient ways of working for lawyers. (Think Google, Asana and Slack for lawyers). You will be owning projects end-to-end from user research to prototyping, collaborating with all teams in the company.
We look for self-starters with 5+ years of generalist experience. Your portfolio should indicate an excellent track record of shipping great projects in a fast-paced environment, showcasing a amazing product sense and UX/UI design work. Decisions should be backed by research and metrics whenever possible. Ability to code is not required.
How you'll make an impact:
- Build a vision and system for a coherent overall product experience
- Work closely with product manager and engineers to define, build, and grow ROSS product
- Work cross-functionally with customer success, sales, marketing, and other teams
- Drive design solutions rationally with both qualitative and quantitative data
- Lead projects to achieve compelling, usable user experiences that provide great value
- Design end-to-end from lo-fi wireframes to hi-fi mockups to prototypes
- Prepare continual product experimentation and iterations
- Be an advocate for users and great user experience
- Proactively exchange feedback for a transparent, collaborative, positive culture
- Help recruit new designers and actively participate in hiring process
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of application design
- 5+ years of visual design
- 5+ years of interaction design
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams, including engineers, lawyers, and product managers
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Penchant for taking initiatives
- An amazing portfolio that illustrates ability to design extremely high-quality digital experiences that are intuitive and visually compelling
- Excellent design thinking and problem-solving ability
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the domain
- Ability to break down and analyze very complex problems
- Ability to draw broad and deep insights from user feedback and behaviors
- Proficient in Sketch and a prototyping tool of choice