R&D – Development
ROSS Intelligence’s mission is to democratize the law. We are developing technology powered by artificial intelligence that can read, understand and answer legal questions — enabling lawyers to enhance and scale their services to more people faster and at a lower cost.
To date, ROSS has been featured in (among other places) the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Wired, The Economist, The Financial Times, Techcrunch, The New Scientist, The Globe and Mail, and The Atlantic. In 2017, Forbes named our founders as three of their 30 Under 30. We have also been recognized by Bloomberg for pioneering AI in the legal industry and by CBInsights as one of the top 100 AI companies in the world.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with our applied scientists to accelerate the creation and development of machine learning product features
- Create fast and reliable pipelines to ingest, explore, transform, featurize and segregate machine learning data
- Support the development of machine learning-driven natural language processing systems for question-answering, summarization, discourse segmentation, text classification, entity-resolution and topic analysis
- Design and build systems to train, evaluate, and deploy machine learning models online and offline
- Optimize and scale machine learning models in production
- Solid understanding of data engineering best practices (ETL, batch data processing, stream data processing, etc.)
- Considerable experience with distributed systems and map-reduce based technologies, especially Spark
- At scale textual data ingestion and data exploration. Robust ingestion pipelines
- Hands on experience with spark, hadoop, beam
- Substantial experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases and ElasticSearch
- Excellent software engineering skills, e.g., design, unit testing, code reviews, etc
- Experience using Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud for production data pipelines
- Experience building production pipelines for ML-driven NLP systems at scale
- Significant experience supporting machine learning experimentation and commercialization
- Hands on with data engineering tools like Airflow, Luigi, and Hive
- Skills in Python and Java
Life at ROSS
We are a fast-growing company with offices in Toronto and San Francisco, with over $14 Million in funding to date. We are backed by Y-Combinator, Comcast Ventures, iNovia Capital, Real Ventures, and others.
We care about growing strong, capable teams of creative, collaborative people. Your peers in the R&D team have a track record of delivering impactful products that customers love.
Take a peek at the great people you will be working with. Colt, Jake, Manasa, Jimoh, Maya, Elias are passionate professionals that have huge appetites to level up their crafts and make lasting impacts on the legal industry
As an employee at ROSS Intelligence, you get to do impactful work and solve problems for an old industry ripe for innovation. You’ll work alongside full-time developers, be autonomous, receive mentorship support, take on new challenges, and be collaborative. You will be among people who believe that the best way to learn is through practical experience, hard work, and passion.
What we offer:
Mentorship and career development
ROSS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, citizenship, place of origin, disability, family status, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, or receipt of public assistance.It is important to our company that all its members find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Accommodations are available for candidates with disabilities taking part in any aspect of the selection process.