Senior Software Engineer, NLP
ROSS Intelligence’s mission is to democratize the law. We are developing technology powered by deep neural networks that can read and answer questions about the law, enabling lawyers to enhance and scale their services to more people. Backed by Y-Combinator and other top VCs, ROSS is transforming the legal industry with artificial intelligence.
We are in the AI revolution. History will look back at this time as a period that accelerated the world towards a brighter future. ROSS Intelligence is leading the charge in the law.
We are a team of deep learning experts who trained under the pioneers in the field at the University of Toronto and world-class lawyers. Join us and help us shape the future of the legal industry.
We only hire amazing people to allow us to provide our employees with competitive salaries and equity.
How you'll make an impact:
- Participating in collaborative brainstorming and planning sessions
- Write clean, reusable, and efficient code with comprehensive unit and integration tests
- Conduct code reviews with your peers and refactor code
- Prototyping, architecting, and developing web-based NLP/ML systems
- Work with non-engineers, including customers, to debug code
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years experience with Java, Python, or comparable languages
- 5+ years experience developing complex web applications
- 5+ years experience in text search, recommendation, classification, summarization, or question-answering
- 5+ years experience working with massive volumes of text data
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
What would be great:
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Natural Language Processing experience or education
- Groovy on Grails experience
- Angular JS experience
- Solr/Lucene experience
- TensorFlow experience