Remote or In-Person
Reporting to the VP of Operations
There is an option for the role to be completely remote or in-person at our Bellevue, Washington office. We are open to candidates from any location in the United States.
Round is a private community and platform for tech’s most thoughtful leaders. We know that tech leaders face a unique set of challenges: from creating markets that never existed, to building technical teams, to keeping up with the pace of innovation. Round equips leaders with the network and resources to reach their fullest potential as they build the future.
Our members come from over 100 companies across 6 countries and include executives from tech giants like Amazon, Google, Khan Academy, LinkedIn, Zoom as well as early and growth stage startups like Canva, Flexport, and more. Our members value curiosity, empathy, and humility; and seek to foster inclusive and thriving work cultures.
The Round experience is designed to connect, inspire, and spark collaboration across senior leaders in tech. Round provides members with access to a private network of top technology executives offering diverse perspectives, a curated small group community to develop and grow alongside, and regular events and programming to connect with others and stay at the top of their craft.
Round is backed by leading investors including Primary Venture Partners and FUSE Capital. Our founders are experienced tech executives with a track record of building successful companies; their last company was acquired by Microsoft in 2015. We are a remote-first company operating across the United States with hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, and New York City.
The Community Manager will orchestrate and cultivate our fast-growing community. In this role you will be responsible for driving engagement through community programming that is designed to help members connect, diversify their network, learn, and be inspired by the Round community. Additionally, you will be a key partner in driving engagement among our members through the member platform that dynamically facilitates member connections, knowledge-sharing, and engagement. You will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with Member Experience, Marketing, and Product to conceptualize and implement experiences that engage and delight our members.
The right person for this role is relationship oriented and excited to help drive the community engagement strategy by taking what we have and making it even better. You’ll balance creative and analytical thinking to create an amazing member experience within our community. You will have the opportunity to shape the community for technology’s most seasoned and ambitious leaders – which requires a high-level of attention to detail and strong self-motivation. Our team is small and growing, so we look for individuals who are excited to be part of a close and collaborative culture and appreciate our values of curiosity, empathy, and humility. As a key hire on the early team, this role will have the opportunity to act as a growth partner using community programming and our digital experiences to drive engagement and retention.
· Create and scale new community programming to empower and inspire members,
· Virtual programming
· In-real-life programming
· Member-led meet ups and community groups
· Community touchpoints at key moments in the member lifecycle
· Activate Round’s digital member platform as a vibrant space that dynamically facilitates member connections, knowledge-sharing, and engagement
· Influencing the digital experience roadmap
· Define features that support member communication, connection and engagement
· Partner with the product management and engineering teams to provide digital community requirements to facilitate digital community engagement
· Driving community engagement on key internal digital channels
· Creating an engagement prompt content calendar with weekly/daily posts to inspire community conversations
· Executing the day-to-day engagement tactics of a daily, weekly, monthly and quarter content calendar to ensure members are collaborating, learning, and conversing effectively with each other
· Set and moderate clear community guidelines
· Report on the health of the community and tracking against team OKRs
· Collect qualitative and quantitative feedback from members that will influence decisions about content, programs, and events
WHO YOU ARE
· Relevant experience as a community manager (2+ years)[TP1] with proven results of high growth and engagement
· Outstanding “people skills” that enable you to deliver excellent customer service and moderate online and offline conversations with our community
· Experience working with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Product Management, Member Success) to plan and execute supporting community activities
· Empathy and ability to understand community needs, gather feedback, and handle escalations appropriately
· Online community engagement: Representing and fostering a positive community experience in online spaces
· Community event & program execution: Supporting events that foster relationships between community members and with the company. Experience with event hosting platforms.
· Data-tracking and reporting: Compiling community engagement metrics and streamlining reporting
· Strong sense of empathy: Excellent written and verbal skills, effective at facilitating open and sometimes difficult community/customer conversations with a positive, solutions-oriented outlook
· Organized and detail-oriented: Able to sequence tasks and manage time effectively
· Work independently with little oversight or management in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with and the ability to evolve in order to meet the needs of the business
· Unlimited Vacation
· Competitive stock option package
· Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (inclusive of HSA plan)
· Maternity & Paternity Leave
· WFH stipend (inclusive of paid for computer of your choice)
· Travel stipend for team off-sites
At Round, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of or traits historically associated with race; color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status), domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.