Madrid, Spain /
Nido Student – Operations /
In partnership with Round Hill Capital, Nido Student has a huge expansion plan to not only grow their existing student accommodation offering throughout the UK and Europe, but also diversify into a wider range of residential markets.
Nido Student delivers the best customer experience by creating and maintaining communities which place resident wellbeing and safety at their centre. Our teams and their focus on the student experience is what makes us stand out and win awards. Our aim is to redefine industry standards for residents and investors.
Nido Student currently operates residences across various cities in the UK, Ireland and Germany, with further developments currently in construction around Europe.
With such an exciting growth plan, Nido Student has a long and prosperous journey ahead, which offers a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, like-minded individual to join us along the way. Please refer to the website for further information on Nido at www.nidostudent.com.
We have a fantastic new role for a General Manager to be based in our site in Madrid. You will take responsibility for this brand new building and ensure that it is ready to welcome residents for the new academic year.
You will recruit your own team, oversee bookings, help our residents with any queries and implement clear procedures to keep the residence running smoothly. This role is pivotal to the success of our business, where you will work closely with the Nido Student head office team based in London.
- Day to day management of the residence team, including contractors, supporting their learning and development.
- Ensure that the customer service level of the residence team remains high and the agreed service level agreement is followed.
- Take responsibility for the sales and marketing of the residence and work with the central Marketing and Sales teams to ensure minimum budgeted occupancy year-on-year.
- Assist the Systems team with the management of the property management system, ensuring all data entered by the team is correct and viable.
- Implement and ensure that Nido Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to by on-site team and residents.
- Ensure that health and safety standards and statutory testing of the residence are adhered to, and team are trained and up to date with changing responsibilities, legislation and obligations.
- Manage and report on the P&L of the residence each month, minimising costs where possible
- A proven track record of managing a building
- Experience of managing budgets in excess of €100k
- Experience of effectively leading and managing a team
- Experience with local rental regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
No agencies please