Senior Product Manager, Pet Sitter & Walker Experience
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love. Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
As Senior Product Manager, Pet Sitter & Walker Experience, you are Rover’s strategic leader for all things impacting the supply side of our marketplace. You will be responsible for defining strategy and goals with a focus on optimizing supply health and retention, and making sure that Rover hits those goals. As an internal expert on our pet sitters and walkers, you have a deep understanding of key pet sitter segments and their needs and pain points. You will own a roadmap for an engineering team building customer-facing products and features, and be a key cross-functional leader on pet sitter initiatives.
This role will focus on three things
1. Defining a strategic framework and owning a roadmap to increase pet sitter value, retention, and satisfaction on Rover.
2: Succeeding as a cross-functional leader with Engineering, Data Science, Product Design, and Marketing to improve pet sitter experience and achieve strategic goals.
3. Understanding key pet sitter segments and advocating for pet sitter needs.
- 5+ years driving customer-focused product initiatives at an online marketplace, social network, or other relevant product with millions of users
- Deep experience in user research, usability studies, and customer segmentation
- Comfort with strategic framing and prioritization on complex business problems
- Familiarity with LTV and engagement retention frameworks
- Understanding of Marketplaces and trends in the ‘Sharing Economy’.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Very comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical or quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience
Why We'll Hire You:
- You can go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions to drive growth.
- You have experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier.
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Above all, you seek the truth. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.