Legal & Corporate Development
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We are seeking a Corporate Counsel in our Seattle office. This position will provide support across the business with respect to corporate documents, contracts, marketing activities, and regulatory compliance. Our successful candidate will be an attorney licensed in Washington State with significant experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and a working knowledge of advertising and consumer protection laws; privacy law experience is a plus. Intellectual curiosity, the desire to tackle new areas of a law and business, and a sense of humor are a must!
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, including vendor agreements, technology licenses, insertion orders, and promotional agreements
- Review marketing materials and assist in structuring promotions and offers
- Conduct research on related legal matters as needed including state and federal statutes and regulations
- Assist senior in-house attorneys with other legal matters, including working with outside counsel and internal staff
- Assist with the development of programs, guidelines and trainings for internal clients
- Other duties as assigned. This description is meant to indicate the general nature and level of work expected of a successful candidate; the actual duties and responsibilities may vary in accordance with the needs of our business.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Licensed attorney with state bar admission (Washington preferred)
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
- A combination of firm and in-house legal department experience preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong self-starting, leadership, and teamwork skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and thoughtfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and demonstrate strong time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- 50 free dog walks per year using our on-demand dog walking service
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more!
The role is based in our Seattle offices and you must be authorized to work in the United States.
Rover strongly supports diversity in our workplace and we encourage qualified candidates of all backgrounds to apply!