Director of Operations
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking to hire a Director of Operations to scale our organization’s operations as our business rapidly grows. This position oversees teams that deliver world class customer service across our Trust & Safety, Fraud & Booking Assurance, Customer Escalations and Customer Experience teams.
The Director of Operations will lead an engaged management team and partner across functions and with senior leadership to deliver on commitments. You will analyze data and metrics to evaluate team & staff performance, lead and encourage employees to maximize performance through a multi-tiered team, and collaborate with HR to create and implement a succession plan for our front line agents, supervisors, and managers while advancing cohesion between internal departments. To be successful you will ensure quality of operations and customer service that scales efficiently as Rover grows, and create a team culture that provides development & growth, and inspires staff to give their best. Ideal candidates are performance-oriented, with a quantitative approach to their business combined with excellent people skills.
- Define team vision, create an annual operations plan, and set quarterly metrics that the team is rallied to deliver against
- Execute world class operations and customer service
- Build a culture of safety and continue to evolve strategies to accomplish
- Build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability
- Adherence to key performance objectives to ensure customer and business expectations
- Provide insights and business learnings that help drive continuous improvement in our Product, Process and Partnerships
- Lead an annual budgeting and planning process
- Overseeing employee productivity and bi-annual rhythms for employee evaluations and promotions (both exempt and non-exempt)
- Integrated planning and goal-setting with Product, FP&A, HR, Legal, PR, Business Operations peers, and New / Existing Business GMs
- Oversee a team that manages Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- 10+ years’ operations experience in a consumer service or product
- Track record of delivering business results in a similar role
- Proven ability to lead people managers in a multi-layer ops org
- Proven ability of managing budgets in a similar role
- Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience managing Business Process Outsources preferred
- Ability to make projections 3 years into the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.