Product Marketing Manager - Day Time Services (Walking, Drop-In, Day-Care)
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
The Product Marketing Manager- Day Time Services(Walking, Drop-In, Day-Care) will be responsible for identifying opportunities, executing strategies, and managing programs that drive growth for Rover’s dynamic business across these service lines. You are the voice of the consumer, understanding their needs and articulating it across the business. You’ll use that voice to bring perspective to our product experience and build impact marketing strategies.
This role will include conducting consumer and competitive research in order to determine how we should market these services, creating a marketing plan to drive new customer acquisition for these services, working with internal marketing teams & external agencies to execute against the plan, and continuously optimizing our strategy based on performance to drive new customers.
You will need to be extremely skilled in working cross functionally to drive key business outcomes. You’ll bridge the gap between our business owners, supporting our product team and the marketing teams executing our creative and tactics to drive new users for these service lines.
You should love both high level strategic planning and diving into execution when needed to support this new business. You have experience working with a variety of marketing channels in order to create effective tactical strategies.
- Applies and leverages an understanding consumer segmentation and tactical expertise to create marketing strategies effective at driving new customers for Rover’s Walking, Drop-In and Day-Care Services
- Drive cross-functional growth programs for these services. Work with channel owners to develop integrated go-to-market programs
- For tactics which don’t have established owners within Rover, is responsible for execution for those tactics, including working directly with vendors and reporting out on performance
- Deep dives into data to both report on performance and find insights that drive improvements to our marketing. Determines what is successful and not, and changes direction based on analysis
- Be the voice of the consumer. Understand how to reach them with the right message, at the right time, through the right channel
- Manage timelines to deliver product marketing programs. Work with cross-functional partners, including product development, sales, and creative studios, to ensure project and campaign success
- 5+ years experience in a B2C marketing strategy role, utilizing consumer research to inform effective tactical recommendations that drive new customer acquisition
- Analytically minded - enjoys diving into data, figuring out what is working, finding trends, and changing direction based on the results
- Ability to leverage customer feedback, research data and business metrics to continually evaluate current products/programs and champion continuous improvement
- Action-orientation balanced with effective partnerships across the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple business streams to deliver upon the vision of the programs
- Professional, reliable, enthusiastic, self-reliant, self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with all groups while addressing people courageously, directly and candidly
- Experience with or interest in learning SQL to perform analysis on marketing campaigns
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.