Partner Operations Manager, Customer Experience
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Our Partner Operations Manager in Customer Experience [Tier I Support] is responsible for ensuring pet parents and pet sitters/walkers receive world class by coaching and scaling a fast-paced, multi-leveled customer support team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of operations specialists to exceed service levels and performance goals. This position will report to the Sr Manager, Customer Experience.
The ideal candidate is one that thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a strong sense of urgency, and acts quickly to improve key metrics when things don’t go as planned. This person has a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems and drive critical outcomes. They are an innovative and compelling change leader, and they communicate clearly to bring people along, and ensure alignment and effective execution. This person also has a deep commitment to servant leadership, responsible for developing the team’s future leaders and growing Rover’s company culture for both in-house and remote workforces.
The ideal candidate is one that thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a strong sense of urgency, and acts quickly to improve key metrics when things don’t go as planned. This person has a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems and drive critical outcomes. They are organized, communicate clearly, and effectively manage change. They hold themselves and others accountable, driving alignment and consistently executing to plan. This person is deeply committed to our company culture and will also have a deep commitment to servant leadership, as they will be responsible for the company culture of both in-house and remote workforces.
- Lead and inspire an internal team of operations specialists tasked with supporting our business partners with all customer interactions; proactively identify and eliminate roadblocks to reduce points of friction
- Facilitate resolution of escalated customer issues with appropriate urgency, care and business acumen; effectively develop this skill set in the next generation of leaders
- Ensure our business partners consistently achieve all performance targets, to provide a high level of service to all customers. Examples include quality and productivity metrics, agreed-upon service levels, and customer satisfaction scores
- Acts as a subject matter expert on Rover’s products and services, policies, processes and workflows; proactively identify opportunities to drive operational efficiencies
- Leverage data, analysis and reporting to derive actionable insights to improve our overall customer experience and build voice of customer, including proactively exploring and sizing hypotheses and new opportunities
- 3-5 years of experience in customer support, operations and/or contact center operations
- 1-2 years experience leading teams in operations or customer experience
- Data driven and analytical; familiarity with capacity planning, workforce management, contact center scheduling and “shrinkage” management, as well as the drive to question processes and make impactful optimizations
- Vendor management experience is critical; strong preference given to individuals who can demonstrate successfully managing BPOs to aggressive goal metrics, while enhancing customer experience
- Prior experience with support channels including phone, chat, text message and email required; prior experience with Zendesk and Talkdesk preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills, especially in fast-changing, high-growth situations; demonstrated ability to remain calm and effective under pressure
- Familiarity with two-sided marketplaces and/or “shared economy” business model is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Requires some international travel
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.