React.JS Web Engineer
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents.
We’re the European hub of a VC-backed Tech startup headquartered in Seattle. You will join an amazing and ambitious global team of almost 500 people. In Europe, we’re an international team of 80 people and 17 nationalities located in 3 fun cities (Barcelona, London and Berlin). Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) we love animals, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for a Web Engineer with experience in React.JS to join our Barcelona Product and Engineering Team, extending and maintaining our web application for a growing user base.
You will be helping us extend our React.JS application stack, developing highly performant and interactive user interfaces to our users. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will build reusable components and front-end libraries for new user-facing features as well as for future use.
Our product team is multidisciplinary with design, frontend and backend engineering combined. You’re passionate about the web, code quality, and like to face new challenges.
You’re a team player that can drive and deliver projects in line with the Rover's Core Values.
- You have completed a computer science or software engineering degree and have at least 3 years of demonstrable work experience.
- You have thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles along with popular frameworks such as React Router / Redux
- You are familiar with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- You have experience with common front-end development tools and technology such as Webpack, Jest, Flow, Enzyme, Babel, PWA, AMP, Typescript, NPM, etc.
- You have an eye for design and translating them in to components using styled-components/SASS
- You know how to communicate with RESTful APIs
Your Bonus Skills:
- Basic Docker knowledge
- Experience with isomorphic React
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Git
- Experience in React Native
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment tool
- The position is in-house at our Barcelona office. You would need a valid work permit as we cannot sponsor visas. We can help with relocation assistance though!
- You’re a team player and work well with other teams in the company.
- Your code is well structured, documented and tested.
- You are meticulous about design and user experience because you want to deliver the best service to your customers.
- You are used to working with different agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban/XP.
- You love new challenges and are eager to solve new problems.
- Good level of written and spoken English (our Engineering Team is in Barcelona but we work in English).
- You love dogs!
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable and supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships
- We're serious about the quality of our production operations, and employ thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation
- Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side
- We are friendly, supportive and respectful, and we pay attention to the impact and quality of our work as well as keeping work/life balance
- And, dogs in the office!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Private health and dental insurance
- Gym allowance
- Technical training budget
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, take one of those vitamin drinks in our kitchens to keep yourself going
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.