Director of Total Rewards
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs. This includes pet sitting, dog walking, grooming, and doggy daycare. Rover was founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog! Rover's goal is to improve and simplify life for pet parents and the dogs they consider family.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington. We work closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. Rover has a track record of being recognized as a phenomenal place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the most respected companies. Our groundbreaking approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
We are seeking a highly motivated Director, Total Rewards who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our employees. This person will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the organization's compensation and benefits programs, including base pay, incentive pay, and health and welfare benefits. The right candidate will demonstrate critical thinking and creativity to ensure proactive total rewards in a competitive recruitment and retention environment, and fluidly move from strategy to execution.
- Evolve and steward Rover’s Compensation Program, including but not limited to our philosophy, structure, and decision-making practices & procedures.
- Consistently assess the competitiveness of our compensation program through market analysis and tracking creative compensation schemes.
- Maintain knowledge of best-in-class compensation and rewards programs in the marketplace.
- Lead annual and mid-year review cycles of compensation programs including design, administration, distribution, and communication and training
- Lead the strategic direction and implementation of Rover’s Benefits Programs.
- Survey the market to determine our competitive position in employee benefits, and recommend benefit program(s) by examining employee understanding and interests, costs, regulatory requirements, and bold advantage.
- Provide employee support by researching and resolving benefit related issues, recommending solutions and/or alternate methods to ensure effective benefit operations.
- Build upon traditional benefits with innovative perks/offerings to ensure we’re staying competitive with an emphasis on wellness and caring for the whole person
- Manage the company’s leave policies and programs, and how they interact with each other, including but not limited to FMLA, sick leave, disability programs, and compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Streamline time away and leave processing by partnering with legal and HR functions as necessary.
- Ensure the pay and benefits packages are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Complete state and Department of Labor compliance documents, and employment verifications.
- Lead HRIS selection, management, reporting, and analysis to help boost the productivity of Finance & People Operations broadly.
- Lead a small team of passionate HR Operations Professionals who are instrumental in keeping our team and our company running
- Understanding of benefit plan design and administration.
- Strong knowledge of strategic compensation programs and administration
- Strong proficiency and knowledge of HRIS Systems
- Experience developing and coordinating communications strategies and activities designed to educate and inform employees about total rewards
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset: identity, recommend and improve current processes
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills; ability to turn information into programmatic deliverables
- Ability to build trust and relationships at all levels, and influence across the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives concurrently, and successfully hitting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years working in HR with the majority of experience in compensation and/or benefits administration
Benefits of Working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.