Senior Software Engineer - Frontend Platform
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for an experienced frontend engineer to help lead projects to improve the performance, stability, and ease of development of UIs for the entire Rover engineering team. A successful member of our team will be excited to learn new technologies, work at the periphery of frontend development, and lead cross-team initiatives. Some of these projects include end to end testing infrastructure, server side rendering of React, and creating a design system.
- 5+ years as a professional software developer
- Experience with ReactJS or similar frontend framework
- Experience with frontend build tools
- Experience with component-driven development
- Experience with test automation
- You have worked in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment
- You are effective at communicating design/engineering trade-offs to product managers and designers
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- React and Redux
- Jest + Enzyme
- Dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
- Lightweight, Agile processes constantly improved with retrospectives.
- Fully automated testing and deployment system. Just merge your branch and it ships.
- Integrated teams with developers and designers work side-by-side.
- Data-driven decision making with A/B testing.
- Contributions back into the open source community.
Why we'll hire you
- Your qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values (https://www.rover.com/careers/core-values/)
- You have experience using our tools or similar ones
- You strive for continuous improvement
- You can pitch your own ideas and shepherd them through to completion
- You have a sense for materiality, and know when to call it ‘good enough’ and ship or when to put in the extra time to polish
- You play nicely with others
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog and 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.