Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, and Inc.com recognized us as "One of the Most Dog-Friendly Offices in the World." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Training Specialist to join our Operations Training Team. You'll primarily be responsible for training frontline Specialists on creative problem solving skills, dog safety tactics, and providing astonishingly great customer service. Additional responsibilities include the creation and upkeep of quality assurance programs that reduce errors, improving customer satisfaction, and identifying opportunities for improvement to training curriculum and modules. Ideally, you'll also have experience within customer support and/or contact center environments. You'll succeed in this role if you enjoy helping others learn, grow, and evolve. This role is for you if you find yourself comfortable in a fast paced, ever-changing environment that focuses on creating, documenting and updating policies and processes. This position requires a candidate that is able to adapt to change, is innovative, can communicate clearly, be organized, and meet deadlines.
- Own delivering training to both new hires and existing Specialists
- Provide training for newly hired and/or promoted Leads and Supervisors
- Create training materials and content based on different types of learners
- Manage and use an online training systems as a way to deliver materials, procedure, process, and policy updates
- Identify materials and workflows that need updates based on customer and in-role agent feedback
- Identify areas that require additional training based on customer feedback, and business needs as well as feedback from Specialists
- Work with Operations Leadership to roll out new processes and training, and be prepared for upcoming challenges and changes throughout the processes development
- Work cross-functionally to ensure an internal knowledge base is up to date and maintained as well as ensuring that all teams have the needed training for Rover to be successful
- Measure the success of and continually improve training programs
- Track metrics to show success and/or trends related to training and agents fresh out of training
- Participate in the hiring process of new Specialists
- 2+ years in training, teaching, learning & development field
- 1+ year(s) training in a classroom type setting, corporate setting preferred
- 1+ year(s) in customer support field
- Associates Degree at minimum, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- New Hire onboarding experience
- Experience with Zendesk, Talkdesk and/or similar tools
- Experience with Google Suite, Lessonly and/or online learning tools
- Ability to train in person, remote, and/or across multiple locations
Your Bonus Skills:
- Ability to read, write, and speak French or German
- Motivated to help others grow, learn and succeed
- Passionate about positively impacting training and comfortable with adjusting styles, approach or materials if needed
- A love of dogs and technology
- Previously used Rover.com as an owner or sitter
- Experience in startups or high growth companies
- Experience with multi location training and teamwork
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, and some Holidays
- Ability to travel for work
- Patience for questions and different learning speeds
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities including movie nights, game nights, snow tubing, and more
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based in Downtown Spokane.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.