Trust and Safety Manager, US International and Stay Support
Trust & Safety
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're located in downtown Spokane. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides. Rover is a place for driven and talented people to take ownership of initiatives and show what they can do; you won't have a better opportunity to shine than here at Rover.com.
Who we're looking for:
Safety and quality are at the foundation of Rover values, We strive to be the dog owner’s safest option for dog care. Developing a trusted platform, by promoting safe stays and tackling issues that pose a risk to the company and users with the highest level of care. We are looking for a leader inspire and innovate, challenge what has been done before them, as we continue to work hard towards enhancing every stay.
In this role, you’ll lead Supervisors and Managers to exceed service levels and performance goals, drive scale in a hyper-growth environment, and implement a preventative strategy. In addition to leading a growing operations team, you will play a critical role as a thought partner with cross-functional teams and leadership to drive strategy and scale of this growing organization. Direct management of International and Rehoming Support teams within the Trust and Safety Organization.
- Investigate trends in the business to inform business decisions
- Help design, develop and execute upon best-in-class customer service global expansion of Trust and Safety strategy
- Drive outcomes through clear communication of performance and synthesis of results
- Partner with management peer group to deliver monthly business reviews, annual and quarterly strategic planning, financial planning, forecasting, and reporting for trust and safety organization
- Working with the product, engineering, analytics, and brand teams to inform and develop business needs to improve trust across the platform as well as operational effectiveness
- Strong people leader with the ability to motivate and inspire large teams, both onsite, remote, and potential global management
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships across multiple teams and time zones
- Mitigate high crisis incidents that pose a risk to company brand through de-escalation tactics
- Drive policies for owners, sitters, and pets in collaboration with key stakeholders across the organization to enable trust and safety to be maintained and enhanced
- Ensure exceptional day-to-day operation of the global trust and safety teams, open to occasional travel to locations around the world
- Collaborate with legal and PR/Communications as needed to respond to online/offline safety issues effectively
- Engage and maintain a productive relationship with third party insurance, contracted partnerships, and effectively source and leverage new resources to manage workload and customer demand
- Work closely with Operations leaders to ensure consistency and to collaborate on company-wide customer operations initiatives.
- 5+ years people management experience including managing leaders and managing remotely across regions, scaling and developing teams
- Experience leading a team of 25+ employeesExperience with CRM tool, such as Zendesk, Talkdesk, or similar
- Demonstrated history of making critical judgment calls based on complex information and difficult tradeoffs
- Ability to make recommendations to influence the organization to key outcomes with quantitative analysis and presentation
- Proven organizational, detail orientation and time management skills required
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Creditable negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environmentHigh energy and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environmentProven track record in operations management, with measurable and demonstrated process improvement resultsIndustry experience in eCommerce, sharing economy and/or online marketplace, Trust and Safety, Customer Operations, Risk Management and/or related role.
- Basic knowledge of SQL or willingness to learn
- Ability to leverage customer feedback, research data and business metrics to continually evaluate current products/programs and champion continuous improvement.
- Ideally bilingual in Spanish, French, and/or German
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover in Downtown Seattle
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.