Program Manager, Operations
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs. This includes pet sitting, dog walking, grooming, and doggy day care. Rover was founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog! Rovers goal is to improve and simplify life for pet parents and the dogs they consider family.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington. We work closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. Rover has a track record of being recognized as a phenomenal place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the most respected companies. Our groundbreaking approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Program Manager to join our Operations team. In this role, you will lead critical initiatives to scale our business and delight our customers. You will utilize program, project, process and change management principles and problem solving skills to guide a portfolio of initiatives that meet strategic objectives and are delivered on time, within scope and approved budget parameters, with a high level of autonomy. You will provide the thought leadership to drive successful, measurable outcomes through effective coordination across teams.
The ideal candidate has the ability to assess problems, identify solutions, remove barriers, bring people along and get results. You thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced technology environment. You act quickly to find opportunities and solve high-impact business problems. You embrace ambiguous operating environments and leading change. If you have a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, enjoy collaborating with numerous organizational partners, and live to deliver outstanding results, this role may be for you.
- Lead critical programs and business initiatives, driving successful outcomes through effective application of project management methodologies and coordination across teams.
- Confidently use data and analytics to tackle broad, ambiguous questions that significantly impact Rover Operations' effectiveness and our customers’ experience. Key areas of focus could include: customer-facing product improvements, CSAT analysis and optimization, workflow simplification and automation.
- Enable effective decision making by compiling multiple data sources and translating details in a digestible and actionable format.
- Coordinate all aspects of program portfolio management, including program and project planning, risk management, execution and quality assurance; track, report and communicate progress to key partners; deliver targeted outcomes within specified timeframe and on budget.
- Support project portfolio funnel, providing a central point of contact and process to intake, prioritize, scope, align resources and track projects and initiatives across Operations.
- Support metrics and reporting rhythms to drive strategy execution and consistently achieve OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement, influencing change and bringing people along at all levels of the organization, aligned with Rover’s core values.
- Support implementation and management of technology solutions and tools to support Operations’ evolving needs.
- Educate key partners on effective project planning, project management and execution.
- 5+ years experience and successful application of the principles, standards and tools associated with business analysis, program and project management and process engineering, coupled with the ability and enthusiasm to be intimately involved with the business.
- Proven ability to assess problems, identify solutions, remove barriers, bring people along and get results.
- Strong financial acumen and data analysis skills: ability to confidently use data and financial analysis to spot problems, identify options, inform decisions and drive targeted outcomes.
- Thinks strategically and owns a problem end-to-end.
- Identifies key drivers of success and keeps teams focused on critical path to achieve results.
- Effectively navigates ambiguity, resilient in the face of challenges; effective change manager.
- Ability to build strong relationships, establish trust and lead through influence; people skills to drive engagement and alignment across teams, while also ensuring accountability, pushing back when needed in a constructive way.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experienced in giving actionable feedback and coaching, and welcoming of the same.
- BA/BS degree required; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- SQL required (willingness to learn SQL required).
Benefits of Working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.