SEO Content Marketing Manager, Canada
Rover connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs and cats. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Headquartered in downtown Seattle, we're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides!
Who we are looking for:
You are a strategic content marketer with a passion for making direct business impact through improvements in organic search rankings...one of our biggest acquisition channels at Rover. You can use data to provide insights on the biggest opportunities and track progress against those, are adept at building and executing content based campaigns that will drive backlinks from top media outlets, and know how to engage consumers with excellent storytelling.
This role specifically focuses on driving search ranking improvements in Canada so you will collaborate closely with our global SEO strategy team, integrated marketing, PR, freelance writers, and other areas of the business to build a content roadmap and execute campaigns that engage users in our second largest market. This will require a keen ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and communicate strategy / results to partners across varying levels within the organization.
At Rover, we don’t have all the answers, but we very much value curiosity and the skills needed to go find them. If your super powers are being proactive, turning ambiguity into actions, partnering with a focus on getting it right instead of being right, we want to hear from you!
- Build an annual content roadmap, adapting global initiatives for in region execution and creating Canada specific content marketing campaigns focused on improving our site traffic and backlinks from top media outlets.
- Grow our base of pet owners and deliver new bookings in key Canadian markets by increasing our domain authority and organic search rankings for our highest priority geo / keywords combos.
- Be the expert on keyword research and tracking tools (Google Analytics, SEO Clarity, Ahrefs, etc), using data to report out on progress of key initiatives and pull insights that will help shape our go-forward SEO content strategy
- Be a focused multi-tasker that knows how to lead multiple initiatives at once and prioritizes your efforts on what will drive the biggest impact
- Live the Rover Values
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of content or product marketing experience, preferably with a lens of improving organic search results
- Familiarity with (or ability to quickly learn) industry tools and standard methodologies for monitoring and improving organic search results by building domain authority
- Strong at drawing conclusions from data and making specific recommendations based on quantitative analysis to increase ROI
- Proactive self-starter with ability to operate with autonomy and navigate ambiguity
- Extraordinary teammate who is able establish strong cross-functional relationships
- Curiosity to learn and passion to help others
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Working knowledge of SQL or interest in learning
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re motivated by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.