Accounting and Finance
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our European offices are located in London, Berlin and Barcelona together with our global headquarters in Seattle, Washington. We have a track record of being recognised as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for an International Accountant to join our Finance team based in London. You'll be involved with many of our finance and accounting activities associated with our European entities.
Reporting to the International Head of Accounting, you will assist in the management of the European accounting and reporting activities to ensure timely compliance with all internal, external and statutory reporting requirements for our companies in Europe.
You'll succeed in this role if you are a forward looking, proactive leader with experience in complex businesses spanning multiple geographies. You must be an experienced, collaborative accounting professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills to enable a productive and consistent connection with the team based in Seattle.
- Expense management and reporting
- Payroll coordination and processing
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash management and forecasting
- Inter-company recharge calculations
- Processing veterinary bill claims
- Support with annual financial statements, statutory audits and tax filings
- Special one-off projects on an as-needed basis
- Chartered Accountant with 0-2 years of post-qualification experience
- Previous experience with pan-European Groups requiring complex consolidations across geographies, currencies and languages advantageous
- Experience with Accounting Software, preferably NetSuite
- Experience handling regulatory and tax reporting locally advantageous
- Exposure to and understanding of US reporting standards advantageous
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to apply a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Innovative and responsive to the changing priorities of a start-up environment
- Fluent in English, preferably with Spanish language skills
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive salary, based on your experience
- Rover stock options - share in the future success of the company
- 23 days vacation for you (and the same for your dog too)
- Contribution workplace pension (provided by NEST)
- Bring your dog to work in our central London dog-friendly office
- PerkBox membership - discounts on eating out, entertainment and shopping
- Bi-monthly socials - from dinner and drinks to escape rooms and adventures!
- Team lunches
- Fresh fruit and as much tea, coffee or soda as you can drink
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.