Software Engineer - Daytime Traveling Services
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and handle personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from greatly respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Meet the Daytime Traveling Service team:
The DTS team is focused primarily on the dog walking, drop-in visits and grooming services, but also collaborates across teams to improve the services offering as a whole. We're a group of passionate individuals partnering with product and UX design to solve customer needs, by improving existing features and by building new ones.
We are currently focused on several major initiatives, including: improving the usability of Recurring services, scaling the Grooming business, and many more.
We're looking for engineers who:
- Enjoy building customer-facing products that improve people's and pet's lives!
- Enjoy seeing their own efforts have an outsized impact on the business and our customers.
- Are eager to learn and improve their craft as a software engineer.
- Are able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward.
- Enjoy being part of a great community of pet lovers.
- 3+ years experience as a professional software developer.
- Familiarity with relational databases and schema design.
- Passionate about automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative environment and your values align with Rover's Core Values.
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including automated testing and continuous deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We use split testing to drive decision-making.
- We build integrated teams with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid19)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.