Recruiter (Technical or Non-Technical)
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
What we are looking for:
Rover has seen tremendous growth and success in our 7-year history. As we continue to expand, we are growing our recruiting team! The ideal candidate for the Recruiter role will be someone who is not only passionate about hiring, but is driven by a desire to build a company which balances operational excellence with a welcoming and inclusive employee culture.
In this role, you will serve as one of our client leads supporting our non-technical functions. We are a small and growing company, thus you may also take on additional areas from time to time. You will partner heavily with our hiring managers who are skilled in recruiting and are very passionate about hiring the best talent into their teams. Prior experience working closely with hiring managers is a must in this position! You will also help Rover in providing amazing experience, whether they get hired or not!
- Source talent for hiring managers at all levels, across all company departments. This is the most crucial responsibility for this role, filling positions is what it's all about!
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches.
- Lead debrief/recap discussions and help interviewing teams reach the best final hiring decision.
- Educate candidates about Rover’s mission and values and get them excited about what we do; you need to be as passionate as we are about our story so you can convey this in conversations with candidates.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through proactive market research
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Rover’s mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
- Help us improve our hiring processes by participating in assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- 3-5+ years of corporate and/or search firm full life cycle recruiting experience.
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools.
- Strong communication, organizational and closing skills.
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Must be able to understand and teach how to recruit passive candidates and possess the mentality to "profile people and understand their motivation" .
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- 50 free dog walks per year using our on-demand dog walking service
- Doggy PTO – $400 in pet sitting services on Rover.com
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more!
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.