Manager, Program and Process Management, Operations
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Manager, Program and Process Management to join our Operations team. In this role, you will lead critical initiatives and manage a team and a portfolio of programs and projects to scale our business and delight our customers. With your functional expertise and strong understanding of business strategy and priorities, you will provide thought leadership, structure and hands-on oversight to drive successful, measurable outcomes through effective coordination across teams. You will help Rover Operations achieve its business objectives by building and leading a program management function to centralize prioritization and oversight of programs and projects across Operations, ensuring a strong focus on long-term strategy.
The ideal candidate lives to serve customers and their team. You thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced technology environment. You act quickly to identify, implement and improve key metrics, and solve high-impact business problems. You embrace ambiguous operating environments and leading change. If you have a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, enjoy partnering with numerous organizational stakeholders, and live to deliver outstanding results, this role may be for you.
- Lead critical programs and business initiatives, driving strategy and successful outcomes through effective application of functional expertise, program management methodologies and coordination across teams.
- Confidently leverage data and analytics to tackle broad, ambiguous questions that significantly impact Rover Operations' effectiveness and our customers’ experience. Key areas of focus could include: customer-facing product improvements, CSAT analysis and optimization, workflow simplification and automation.
- Drive cost to serve efficiencies and profitability through product, process and third party technology improvements.
- Build team, framework, processes and tools to support successful program, project and process management across Operations.
- Oversee project portfolio funnel, providing a central point of contact and process to intake, prioritize, scope, align resources and track projects and initiatives across Operations.
- Develop, implement and oversee key metrics and reporting rhythms to drive strategy execution and consistently achieve OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Act as a change agent for critical initiatives, ensuring effective development and deployment of change management strategies and tactics in support of program/project management and process improvements.
- With the Corporate Applications team, oversee development, implementation and management of technology solutions and tools to support Operations’ evolving needs.
- Hire, coach, develop and hold accountable a diverse, high-performing team aligned with Rover’s core values.
- Elevate teams’ knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, as well as continuous improvement and delivery concepts; educate key stakeholders on effective project planning, project management and execution.
- 7+ years experience and successful application of the principles, standards and tools associated with business analysis, program and project management and process engineering, coupled with the ability and enthusiasm to be intimately involved with the business.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- Proven ability to assess problems, identify solutions, remove barriers, bring people along and get results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to flex between strategic thinking and effective execution.
- Strong financial acumen and data analysis skills: ability to confidently leverage data and financial analysis to understand problems, identify options, inform decisions and drive targeted outcomes.
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships, establish trust and achieve alignment across the organization.
- Communication and presentation skills to drive vision and strategy.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influence others to change.
- Effectively navigates ambiguity, with a strong bias for action.
- Exceptional coach and mentor; establishes culture of candor, accountability and speed.
- BA/BS degree required; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- SQL required (willingness to learn SQL required).
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.