Grooming Marketing Manager
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers - making it easy for pet parents to discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. As The Dog People(TM) - Rover is all about making it easier to have dog love in your life.
We're an agile, fast-growing brand - and are proud to be one of Fast Company's "The World's Most Innovative Companies 2018". Headquartered in downtown Seattle, we've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal.
Who we're looking for:
An insight-driven consumer marketer who is excited to grow our new dog grooming business.
Full role detail:
The Grooming Marketing Manager is responsible for acquiring new customers for Rover’s new dog grooming product, currently live in Seattle and Austin with further expansion planned. Grooming is Rover’s newest business line, and operates like a small startup within a larger startup - it’s fast paced, dynamic, and exciting for the business.
This role will include conducting consumer and competitive research in order to determine how we should market this product to our users, creating a marketing plan to drive new customer acquisition, working with our internal marketing teams to execute against the plan, and continuously optimizing our strategy based on performance to drive new customers.
This person will need to be extremely skilled in working cross functionally to drive key business outcomes. They will bridge the gap between our adjacency team supporting our product and provider acquisition and the marketing team executing our creative and tactics to drive new users for our business.
This person should love both high level strategic planning and diving into execution when needed to support this new business. This person should have experience working with a variety of marketing channels in order to create effective tactical strategies.
Your Responsibilities -
- Applies and leverages an understanding consumer segmentation and tactical expertise to create marketing strategies effective at driving new customers.
- Prioritizes and sequences marketing campaigns aligned to business objectives with emphasis on maximum impact.
- Owns GTM process for marketing for new grooming initiatives, including new geographies. Will drive consensus on marketing investment for all new grooming initiatives.
- Works directly with Rover’s marketing teams to drive execution effective at driving key business outcomes. Specifically this person will regularly work with creative, SEM, social, SEO, PR, and business development teams.
- For tactics which don’t have established owners within Rover, is responsible for execution for those tactics, including working directly with vendors and reporting out on performance.
- Deep dives into data to both report on performance and find insights that drive improvements to our marketing. Determines what is successful and not, and changes direction based on analysis.
- Advocates for qualitative and quantitative research to develop key findings and recommend actions to support marketing strategies.
Your Qualifications -
- 5+ years experience in a B2C marketing strategy role, utilizing consumer research to inform effective tactical recommendations that drive new customer acquisition.
- Analytically minded - enjoys diving into data, figuring out what is working, finding trends, and changing direction based on the results.
- Track record of successfully bringing consumer products to market.
- Experience working with a variety of marketing channels, with digital channels including SEM, Email and Facebook a huge plus.
- Ability to leverage customer feedback, research data and business metrics to continually evaluate current products/programs and champion continuous improvement.
- Action-orientation balanced with effective partnerships across the organization.
- Professional, reliable, enthusiastic, self-reliant, self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with all groups while addressing people courageously, directly and candidly.
- Experience with or interest in learning SQL to perform analysis on marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.