For Business Analysts at Rover, there is no such thing as a boring day. They eagerly flex between supporting the quantitative needs of one specific business unit (Marketing, Finance, Supply, Operations, etc.) and working cross functionally to tackle more complex problems such as acquisition and retention forecasting, ROI analyses, supply/demand equilibrium monitoring, and capacity planning. They are also a source of support and mentorship for colleagues across the organization as they hone their own analytical skills. Business Analysts dig deep into huge sets of customer, sitter, and market-level data, then emerge with clear business narratives and recommendations. They will work closely with business stakeholders and senior leadership to provide insights that drive strategy in the realms of investment, headcount planning, and cost management.
We are specifically looking for a Business Analyst to support our Marketing and Finance teams. The analyst will act as the subject matter expert by providing analytical feedback to the business regarding the team’s campaign performance, attribution tracking and financial performance.
- You are scary good with data. You look at charts, furrow your eyebrows, and observe that something doesn’t seem quite right. Others see trends; you see outliers.
- You examine and question data insights and don’t take anything at face value. You understand that strong analytical recommendations require an intricate understanding of both the data sources you are working with, and the broader business context.
- You have deep empathy for the business owners you will support. You understand that people have jobs to do and decisions to make, and it is your job to help them do that in as data-driven a way as possible.
- You are a thought partner for business owners. You are relentless in getting to the question behind the question and distilling the underlying need to analyse data.
- You thrive in the dynamic environment of a hyper-growth startup. You unblock blockers, take initiative, and move things forward despite the real world of imperfect information.
- You show a pattern of being self-started, self-taught, and self-directed. You are your own QA team, producing quality analysis and creating novel ways to ensure accuracy.
- You are excited about being part of a global company. You will likely be based in London close to the Marketing and Finance team but your manager will be based in Barcelona. You are excited about the prospect of working across offices.
- You are excited to design and measure tests. You are able to transform an ambiguous idea into a thoughtful, detailed hypothesis test that will inform future strategies.
Your toolset includes
- SQL, you are fluent and would feel confident leading a SQL 101 course.
- Python and/or R a plus.
- Periscope, Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization tools.
- Fundamentals of hypothesis testing: experiment design, data sufficiency and statistical power, A/B testing, understanding of meta-significance, etc.
- At least 3 years experience working cross-functionally with real-world, complex datasets.
- BS/MS in a business or quantitative field: Economics, Business, Math, Statistics - the main thing is you have learned how to think analytically.
- Marketing analytics experience.
- Two-sided Marketplace experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to narrate analytical results to business stakeholders and executives in a useful, concise, and actionable way.
- Experience working with data infrastructure / engineering teams to assist with recommendations for organizing data into performant tables.
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free Monday breakfast
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
You will join an amazing and ambitious global team. You will join the London office to be close to the Marketing and Finance team and will work closely with your teammates in Barcelona and Berlin. You will report to the Head of Biz Ops (Barcelona).