Senior Product Manager, Growth
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal in 2016 and 2017.
We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a highly analytical product manager to join our growth team. At Rover, the growth team is focused on a single business outcome - driving new bookings from dog owners. This role will fully own our conversion rate optimization and new user experience programs, driving material efficiency gains from the time a user first lands on the product to their first booking with a sitter or walker on Rover. Significant experience driving conversion optimization programs is a requirement for this role.
You will be charged with discovering potential opportunities and focus areas for the team, evaluating those against other business priorities, and working with the design, development, and marketing teams to execute on those projects. A strong ability to research ideas, formulate concrete proposals, set up and execute tests, measure test results, and collaborate with design and development teams is critical to success.
- 4+ years of product management experience in a product with a significant user base, 8+ years of tech industry experience
- Deep experience with A/B testing, funnel analysis and data analytics
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Very comfortable with SQL and using spreadsheets for modeling opportunities (Excel/Google Sheets)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Bonus points for experience in digital marketing channels
Why We'll Hire You:
- You can go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth.
- You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You are scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop clear messaging and an effective content strategy plan. Sometimes, you may even play copywriter.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination. This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.