Customer Service Agent - Trust and Safety, Incident Management Team (Seattle/Spokane)
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs. This includes pet sitting, dog walking, grooming, and doggy daycare. Rover was founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog! Rover's goal is to improve and simplify life for pet parents and the dogs they consider family.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington, and we have teams located across the globe in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. Rover has a track record of being recognized as a phenomenal place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the most respected companies. Our groundbreaking approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
As a member of our team, you treat customers as part of our community, because we are all passionate about the same thing. You never settle for good enough and always go above and beyond for a customer. You take the initiative to improve yourself and Rover. You see your co-workers as a family, not just a team. You can get a little weird and laugh at yourself. You bring your unique experiences and passions to your job every day. You are viewed as a leader and change-maker with proactive solutions and ideas, to ensure Rover’s success.
About The Trust & Safety Team:
Rover’s Trust & Safety team is responsible for supporting Rover's reputation by providing excellent customer care through the prevention and resolution of issues that pose a risk to the company. The Trust & Safety team also resolves any possible risk to customers or anything that negatively impacts the customer experience through incident investigation, analysis, and enforcement of Rover.com terms and conditions. We work with business groups to recommend process and policy changes that improve the customer experience and safety of our marketplace. Read more about Rover's Safety policy here.
***Note all candidates must be able to start on March 30th or April 27th***
- Be an unwavering customer advocate with a commitment to offering World Class Customer Service
- Bring a growth-mindset and a willingness to try new things
- Have outstanding attention to detail, ownership, and follow-through
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills and the ability to be decisive in highly ambiguous situations
- Be detail-oriented while balancing due diligence, neutrality, and empathy when completing an investigation
- The ability to prioritize and multitask a large volume of dynamic incidents
- Work with Leadership to proactively recognize risks by communicating trends and inefficiencies that negatively impact the business and customer experience
- Maintain expected team and personal metrics such as: Time to Resolution, Customer Satisfaction Rating, Customer Response Time, etc
- Outstanding communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Educate users on how to maintain safety, security, and being a responsible member of the Rover.com community
- You are idea-driven, confident, and articulate - ready to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one!
- Willingness to work both weekend days and be comfortable with a flexible schedule
- Must have at least 1 year of customer service or claims industry experience
- Ability to clearly communicate both written (email) and verbal (phone) formats
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, rapidly changing, and often ambiguous environment
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Used Rover.com as an owner or a sitter
- Experience in a call center environment
- Animal health or training experience
- Any experience in Insurance, Legal, Risk Management, or Hazard Analysis
- Experience with CRM & ticketing tools (Zendesk or similar)
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.