Sr HR Business Partner - U.S. teams
People Team /
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, we're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met Magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) — we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Over the last 9 years, Rover has achieved many important achievements, however, we are most proud of the culture we’ve built and the many wonderful employees we’ve hired into our organization over the years. We are looking for a seasoned and strategic and HR Business Partner who will help us maintain our current culture while scaling standard methodologies as we venture into the next phase of our growth.
In this role, you will own HR support for our core U.S. teams and will work closely with Rover’s senior executives. Additionally, you will lead a variety of HR initiatives, with an emphasis on employee engagement and development. Along with the rest of our HR team, you will be influencing and supporting decisions on organization effectiveness, organizational design, compensation, diversity and inclusion, employee development and talent density. This position will have a huge impact on our business and our culture as we continue to expand in the US and abroad.
As an ideal candidate for this role you have supported a variety of teams at several high-growth tech companies. You know how to leverage data to drive decisions, you like to be hands on and a part of a high impact, scrappy team. You will have experience working cross-functionally with senior leadership (C-suite) to design programs that ensure new managers are set up to be strong leaders as the business continues to grow, expand and scale.
- Partner with senior leaders and their teams to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that foster growth, innovation and organizational effectiveness. This includes taking ownership for designing, building and implementing programs, processes and tools to help set up managers and employees for success.
- Assess the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development and leadership development as well as drive the appropriate solutions in these areas
- Partner with business leadership to identify opportunities to attract, develop and retain people to achieve their fullest potential
- Coach and counsel managers on maintaining positive employee relations for a wide range of issues. May include conducting investigations in response to employee relations issues and recommend/implement courses of action based on investigation results
- Assist with the communication and rollout of HR programs and policies
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required and assigned which may include cross-team initiatives across our US locations
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Handle ER issues in ways which are consistent with our core values
- Be the liaison between HR, Legal and our Business Partners
- Help us create HR strategies and activities which foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness.
- Help us make Rover the best place our employees have ever worked.
- 5+ years work experience in an HR Generalist/Business Partner role including, performance management, change management, and employee communications
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Empathetic, vulnerable and passionate about driving the right business outcomes
- Expert in handling employee relations issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills. Experience using and presenting data to make decisions
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills; a role model for the use of the concepts and skills we teach and exceptional commitment to our Core Values
- Strong Project/Program Management Skills
- Ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization
- Team building and team development capabilities
- Experience working with C-levels is a plus
- Experience working with remote employees is a plus
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently being performed virtually due to Covid19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.