Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
People Team /
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for an empathetic, innovative and passionate leader to build and scale a global DEI strategy into every aspect of our company and culture.
Key focuses will be on partnering to increase workforce diversity through recruiting, developing and retaining our diverse workforce and designing programs to foster a workplace where everyone belongs. You will also be an advisor to the business on promoting diversity and inclusion through our customers, partners and local communities.
You will work closely with Rover’s existing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee as well as key stakeholders across the company including the People Team and Executive Team.
In this role you will:
- Own and build upon our current DEI work, crafting a longer-term mission and formal framework from which to advance DEI, including strategic plan, goals, policies, and budget.
- Evaluate DEI efforts by identifying areas for improvement, directing future programs and assessing the achievement of annual plan goals.
- Collaborate with the People Team on programs and initiatives to improve recruitment, development and retention of a high-performing diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Recommend and advocate for policies, management, and decision making to reflect inclusive leadership. Education is a key part of this role.
- Assess the impact of Rover’s people practices on DEI and work with our People Team to evolve practices and metrics in recruitment, talent management, total rewards, and employee engagement.
- Develop and maintain global processes and systems to hold leaders accountable for their support, implementation and eventual ownership of DEI in their departments.
- Collaborate with key executives to assist in shaping their roles as champions and advocates for DEI both internally and externally.
- Proven history of leading DEI efforts in a corporate setting, resulting in a clear track record of furthering business strategies and creating best practices.
- Strengths in areas of project management and collaboration.
- A strong bias for action and proven ability to deliver positive impact and results.
- Experience prioritizing DEI roadmaps.
- Ability to convey complex ideas, unique concepts, and proposals to enroll team, peers, and management.
- Comfort and experience working with employees and leaders at all levels and galvanizing others into action around building more diverse and inclusive environments.
- Demonstrated expertise in using metrics to inform, influence and communicate a vision to a wide range of audiences.
- Strengths in influencing, facilitating, and presenting to large audiences.
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently being performed virtually due to Covid19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.