IT Applications Analyst
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an IT Applications Analyst who will play a critical role in managing Rover’s customer engagement (e.g. Zendesk, Talkdesk) and productivity (e.g. Jira, Confluence) tools. You will manage, configure, develop and enhance how these applications are used at Rover. You will also be responsible for architecting solutions, resolving technical issues, implementing new features & functionality, and leading or participating in projects requiring systems expertise for these applications. This position requires a self-motivated employee who has a strong passion for improving Rover’s customer experience and a drive for efficiency and process improvement.
What does IT look like at Rover?
Rover’s IT environment is 100% cloud-based with no on-premise servers. Our strategy is to exclusively leverage cloud-based services to optimize usability, scalability, interconnectivity, security and cost. For all non-SaaS services, we manage our own AWS Kubernetes cluster. IT constantly strives to deliver the best technology solutions that support Rover’s mission of making it possible for everyone to experience the unconditional love of a pet.
- For the customer engagement (CRM) and productivity applications supported:
- Manage a fast-paced queue of issues and enhancement requests, help prioritize them according to business impact, and resolve or implement them
- Architect and create custom reports and dashboards utilizing OEM and/or 3rd party reporting platforms
- Identify, troubleshoot and remediate performance issues
- Evaluate application usage with the intent to improve efficiencies and optimize Rover’s implementations
- Engineer solutions that align with and support Rover’s business objectives
- Maintain and support environment integrity
- Maintain an expert-level technical and functional skill-set, including certifications
- Provide thought leadership on application roadmaps and architect solutions, innovations, and new capabilities to meet Rover’s future needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years of systems or application administration experience required
- Experience with customer engagement (CRM) applications like Zendesk, Talkdesk and/or Chatitive preferred
- Experience with productivity applications like Jira, Confluence and/or ServiceNow preferred
- Proven ability to utilize technology to solve practical business problems
- Proven project management, multitasking & prioritization skills
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player who has attention to detail and a service-oriented attitude
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.