Senior React Native Engineer
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
We're looking for an experienced React Native engineer who wants to have a voice in the future of our mobile architecture. We have been working hard to lay the groundwork in our native applications and we’re looking for someone who can use their experience in brownfield React Native applications to help propel us forward. On a daily basis, we make decisions about new libraries, tools, software architecture patterns, best practices, UI design, and so on. If playing a leading role in such decisions sounds like your cup of tea, then Rover is the place for you.
- 5+ years as a professional software developer
- Experience with React and React Native (especially in brownfield applications)
- Experience with at least one native mobile platform (bonus points if you moved to React Native from iOS or Android development)
- Experience with styleguide-driven development
- Your test automation skills are excellent
- You are effective at communicating design/engineering trade-offs to product managers and designers
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- React, React Native, and Redux
- Jest + Enzyme
- We are dedicated to our mission of making it possible for everyone to feel the unconditional love of a pet
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're thoughtful and focused on decision-making with split testing
- Our teams are integrated team with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why we'll hire you
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- You can be your own QA team
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- We offer competitive compensation including stock options.
- You'll receive a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401k.
- Our office is located convenient to public transportation and we offer paid commuter benefits.
- You can bring your dog to work, and if you don't have a dog we'll contribute $1000 toward adopting a dog.
- Of course, we have stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs), plus an all-team catered lunch on Tuesdays.
- Finally, we have an active social calendar with regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more.
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.