Operations Agent - Trust and Safety (Spokane)
Customer Experience /
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Rover’s Trust & Safety Team is responsible for supporting Rover's reputation by providing excellent customer care through the prevention and resolution of issues that pose a risk to the company. The Trust & Safety team resolves any possible risk to customers or anything that negatively impacts the customer experience through incident investigation, analysis, and enforcement of Rover.com terms and conditions. We work with business groups to recommend process and policy changes that improve the customer experience and safety of our marketplace.
Who we’re looking for:
As an Operations Agent, you treat customers as part of our community, because we are all passionate about the same thing. You never settle for good enough and always go above and beyond for a customer. You take the initiative to improve yourself and Rover. You bring your unique experiences and passions to your job every day.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to work one or both weekend days, holidays, and be comfortable with a flexible schedule.
What you bring:
- Love for pets and people and a desire to keep them safe
- Commitment to doing what is best for the customer and the company
- Capacity to neutrally and empathetically review all sides and perspectives of a situation
- Ability to multitask and crush sometimes repetitive work while maintaining strong ownership
- Sound judgment, exceptional instincts, and a strong moral compass to help you solve problems quickly, sometimes with limited information
- Desire to question policies to create the most efficient workflows for yourself and others
- An analytical mind and calm demeanor that recognizes trends and patterns in everyday work
- A commitment to continuous learning, growth, and improvement -- for yourself and others
- Comfort with a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and often ambiguous environment
- A tech-savvy, data-driven decision-making process
- Determination and a strong work ethic
- Excitement to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one!
- Be an unwavering customer advocate with a commitment to offering World Class Customer Service
- Prioritize and multitask inbound customer contacts by phone, email, and/or chat
- Manage a large volume of dynamic customer contacts with attention to detail, ownership, and follow through
- Educate users on how to maintain safety and security while being a responsible member of the Rover community
- Handle escalated customer contacts with coaching and confidently escalate concerns to your leader when appropriate
- Thoughtfully, decisively, and neutrally investigate account incidents with low to medium complexity and potentially high sensitivity, maintaining customer satisfaction and Rover’s Brand image
- Understand and meet expected personal metrics such as: Time to Answer, Time to Resolution, Customer Satisfaction Rating, and more
- Actively participate in team activities and meetings
- Own your mistakes and incorporate feedback and coaching in order to improve
- Provide de-escalation and empathy during sensitive situations
- Customer Service experience, or equivalent education or certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equal experience
- Used Rover as an owner or a sitter
- Experience working with CRM tools and/or ZenDesk
- Experience providing phone, email, and/or chat support
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google Docs/Sheets or similar
- Startup experience
- Experience in a call center environment
- 1+ year of Veterinary, Animal Health, or Animal Training experience
- Professional education in Animal Behavior or Animal Sciences
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until July 2021 at the earliest. All new hires will be expected to work from Seattle/ Spokane/ Barcelona once Rover Employees return to office.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.