Learning and Development Manager II
People – People /
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we are looking for:
Over the last 10+ years, Rover has had many important achievements, however, we are most proud of the culture we’ve built and the many wonderful employees we’ve hired into our organization over the years. We are looking for a Learning and Development Manager who will help us develop and own a talent and learning strategy, while maintaining our current culture as we venture into the next phase of our growth.
We are searching for our first Learning & Development Manager to own the best in-class learning experience for employees and managers across Rover including US and International teams. In this high impact role, you will be tasked with building out an L&D program focused on Rover’s specific development needs, tied to our culture and values. This role is responsible for driving higher engagement, retention and career growth.
- Collaborate with HR Leadership to develop and deliver a global L&D Strategy for Rover.
- Design and execute learning development programs that deliver measurable business impact and meaningful career growth for our employees.
- Partner with HR business partners and senior leaders to assess learning gaps and design short and long-term learning solutions to optimize employee success.
- Partner with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Director to contribute and support DEI training initiatives. Thread diversity, equity and inclusion concepts in all learning programs.
- Own Rover’s new Manager Competency Model including how it will be integrated into other talent cycles including hiring, career development, performance assessments, talent reviews, succession planning and promotions.
- Design, develop, customize and deliver quality content and resources that support multi-modal learning in both e-learning and live formats. With an emphasis on developing content that is inclusive of a remote and hybrid employee base.
- Own relationship with management training vendor(s).
- In addition to selecting the right vendors for Rover, you will deliver training and work closely with our C suite and managers on executing the right strategies for their teams.
- Promote, maintain and enhance Rover’s culture and core values within training and development initiatives.
- Develop positive relationships with our employees and have a pulse on the employee training needs.
- Measure and evaluate effectiveness of training programs, develop success criteria, and leverage data to make recommendations for improvement.
- 4 -6 years of experience in learning, talent and/or leadership development
- Experience designing, developing, and evaluating talent and leadership development programs
- Background in Human Resources and understanding of the other HR functions outside of Talent Development
- An understanding of instructional design methodology, and learning assessment strategies
- Experience designing and leading interactive in person and virtual events
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, confidence in facilitating engaging training sessions
- Excellent partnering, consulting, and collaboration skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of e-learning platforms, LMS systems and other content-creation tools.
- Proven success in executing and delivering quality results on time
- Strong Project/Program Management Skills
- A creative and open-minded approach to learning that must include both online and asynchronous methods
- Experience working with International audiences is strongly preferred.
- Experience with DEI strategy and initiatives strongly preferred
- Experience in Tech, fast-growing environment is preferred
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Company equity
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (performed in-person and virtually)
- In the greater Seattle area the first year salary range is $99,719 - $128,513. Additionally Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to all employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.