Software Engineer - Payments and Finance
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and handle personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from greatly respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who We're Looking For:
Rover.com is looking for a hardworking Software Engineer to join a newly formed Payments team responsible for the business critical task of collecting, storing, and distributing payments for all of the services we provide on Rover. You will have the opportunity to help architect a new robust and scalable pay-outs platform, work on large, complex datasets, and contribute to other high impact and high visibility projects. We look forward to your application!
- 4+ years as a professional software developer
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Familiarity with relational databases and schema design
- Plus: experience building and migrating large, complex systems
- Plus: proficiency working with Python and Django
- Plus: experience with Stripe, Braintree, Paypal, and/or NetSuite integrations
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're thoughtful and passionate about data driven decision-making
- Our teams are integrated teams with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why We'll Hire You:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative environment
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to determine what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- You can be your own QA team
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until July 2021 at the earliest. All new hires will be expected to work from Seattle/ Spokane/ Barcelona once Rover Employees return to office.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.