Manager I, Content Program Management
Operations – Operations /
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, San Antonio, Spokane, and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Content Program Manager to join our Skills & Knowledge Program Management team. In this role you will lead critical initiatives in Operations Content and Knowledge Base Management to support business growth and delight our customers. With your functional expertise in content writing and editing and knowledge management, and with a strong understanding of business strategy and priorities, you will provide thought leadership, structure, and hands-on oversight to drive successful, measurable outcomes through effective coordination across teams. You will help Rover Operations achieve its business objectives by creating and executing the knowledge management strategy for customer and employee-facing learning content.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of Content Writer/Editors based out of various global locations.
- Manage frontline employee-facing content within the knowledge base including technical and functional content creation and organization.
- Identify and solve for gaps and emerging needs in knowledge management program and process capabilities.
- Drive successful go to market program, project, and process management for content and knowledge management across Operations customer service, aligning tools and approach across teams.
- Elevate teams’ knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools within your functional area.
- Assess the success and impact of the knowledge base and content programs, then make changes for continuous improvement in outcomes.
- Build a roadmap, prioritize and coordinate various cross-functional teams.
- Routinely review key milestones with senior leaders. Troubleshoots major roadblocks and delays autonomously.
- 4+ years of experience as a proven people and content manager within an operations, customer service center, or other customer-facing environment.
- 4+ years experience and successful application of the principles, standards, and tools associated with business analysis, program and project management
- Current knowledge of effective content and knowledge management methodologies, techniques, and practices.
- Experience managing and using various knowledge base tools and help center systems.
- Ability to build and foster strong stakeholder relationships, establish trust, and achieve alignment across the organization.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Communications or other Humanities field strongly preferred
Your bonus skills:
- Experience working at a fast-paced tech company or in a startup environment
- Experience working in a marketplace or B2C organization
- Experience working with customer support teams
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Pension Plan
- Meal tickets through Cobee
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Private health insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.