Senior Software Engineer - Rover Now - Demand Acquisition
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal in 2016 and 2017. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover.com is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for working with our Technology and Product Management teams to grow and expand the Rover Now business.
In 2017, Rover launched Rover Now - a new way for dog owners to book walks for their pets instantly, with no searching required. Since then, Rover Now has become our fastest growing service, rapidly expanding into our top markets. We function as a "startup within a startup" - an autonomous business unit facing all the challenges of hyper-growth, while benefiting from extensive support across the broader organization.
From breaking down requirements and writing implementation plans, to building the features and then launching them for our customers -- you will be a key player in our efforts to scale the demand acquisition for the Rover Now business. If you enjoy working on an early-stage product, and want to see your own efforts have an out-sized impact on the business, this is the position for you!
- 5+ years as a professional software developer
- Experience building large, high-scale web applications
- Excellent TDD and test automation skills
- Experience working in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment
- Plus: experience with React/Redux or similar front-end frameworks
- Plus: experience with Python and Django
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're thoughtful and focused on decision-making with split testing
- Our teams are integrated team with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why We'll Hire You:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- You can be your own QA team
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.