Customer Experience Supervisor, New Business Operations
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
The New Business Lines team at Rover operates like a fast-paced, agile, startup within a startup. We currently have several new business line tests underway, and this is a unique opportunity to shape the scale and direction of our new initiatives, all within the stability and resourcing of a later-stage company environment.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and strategic leader of customer experience teams. You will motivate, coach and develop your team to exceed performance goals, and empower them to constantly advocate for our customers. Because the business environment is fast paced and dynamic, this position requires adaptability. You will utilize both analytical and creative thinking to evolve business processes quickly. Clear and thorough communication with both your team and your stakeholders is critical. In addition to people management, you will be a main point of contact for Rover’s core customer experience teams, as well as a key resources for the product management team as they bring new pilot programs to market. Finally, you will be expected to consume and analyze data to inform your decision making at every step of the way.
Note: This position is based out of Rover’s downtown Seattle office, managing a team of on-site customer operations agents. The role may include work on one weekend day. Exact scheduled days and hours to be determined, as Rover's Customer Experience team operates 24/7.
- Motivate, coach, and develop 3-4 Customer Operations Agents supporting new business lines
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and increase operational effectiveness
- Manage queues to agreed-upon service levels, and strive to raise the bar higher
- Track, analyze and report on team metrics
- Empower your team to solve problems and advocate for the customer
- Review customer contacts and identify ways to improve the customer experience, as well as own escalated customer contacts and resolve them
- Question the status quo and proactively highlight areas where we can do better
- 4-5 years experience in working in operations or customer experience
- 2+ years experience managing or leading teams in operations or customer experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Experience with Zendesk, Talkdesk, or similar customer management tools
- Experience at a consumer technology company
- Experience at a startup or other fast-growth company
- Experience with process design and improvement
- Previously used Rover.com as a pet parent or dog sitter/walker
- Demonstrated competency with one or more analytical toolkits, including Excel, Google Sheets, and / or SQL
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.