Sr. IT Support Specialist
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Senior IT Support Specialist to join our IT department at our Seattle office Headquarters. Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, the Specialist will help to lead the daily workflow of the IT Service Desk team as they provide laptop computer hardware lifecycle management including provisioning, providing break/fix support, add, move, or change requirements of peripherals and device deprecation. IT Support Specialists provide desk side software support such as troubleshooting, installation and configuration of commercial and custom software, and support of our network infrastructure. Notably Specialists are key team players in helping execute large and small IT team projects and initiatives.
What does IT look like at Rover?
Rover’s IT environment is 100% Cloud-based with no on-premise servers. Our strategy is to leverage cloud based services exclusively to ensure maximum scalability, interconnectivity and security. For all non-SaaS services, we run our own AWS Kubernetes cluster to ensure that we optimize scalability, security and cost. IT constantly strives to deliver the best technology solutions that support Rover’s mission of making it possible for everyone to experience the unconditional love of a pet. Our company and team are growing rapidly, so the ideal candidate will have experience working with tools that are needed during our transition from a small to a large organization.
- Be a role model for the team
- Make sure Help Desk SLAs and ticket volumes are constantly in a good state
- Answer, prioritize, and respond to incoming help desk requests in a timely manner from end-users experiencing technical problems with hardware, software, networking, telecommunication, and audio visual needs in offices and conference rooms
- Provide laptop hardware break/fix support, add, move, or change requirements of peripherals and device drivers
- Provide desk side software support such as troubleshooting, installation and configuration of commercial and custom software, and support of our network infrastructure
- Work on additional projects as needed
- 5+ Years of corporate IT Help Desk experience
- Experience leading the day to day workflow of an IT Help Desk
- A self-starter with a desire to constantly improve the state of IT at Rover
- Experience supporting large IT initiatives
- Must have experience providing hardware and software support for Macs and MSFT Windows
- Experience troubleshooting issues with Google Apps
- Experience troubleshooting basic LAN and WAN networking, including DHCP and DNS protocols, VPN configurations, and wireless performance issues on a predominantly Meraki infrastructure
- Experience using an IT service management system for tracking tech support cases
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to occasionally work evenings or weekends and lift 40lbs
- Knowledge of Linux, iOS, or Android troubleshooting
- Genius Bar or similar experience
- Experience working in ServiceNow
- Experience supporting Access Controls initiatives related to SOX/PCI/GDPR regulations
Why we'll hire you:
- You are a fast learner and can quickly acclimate to working with new technologies
- You’re qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- You're a great IT support specialist who wants to get even better
- You have an aptitude for acquiring technical skills with an eagerness to learn
- You know when to tackle a problem and when to escalate it
- You have strong people skills
- You like to work hard, but have fun while you're doing it!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.