Senior Manager, Product - International
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love. Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
The Senior Manager, Product of Rover’s International business is a crucial leadership role on the growing Rover International Team! In this role, you are Rover’s strategic leader for the product experience for our sitters and pet owners outside the United States. You will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for our evolving International user experience with a focus on rapidly and efficiently scaling new customer acquisition, and making sure that Rover hits its International growth outcomes.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced product leader with prior experience operating in an online marketplace. You will be responsible for leading a team of product managers who work closely with US and European-based stakeholders to identify and prioritize business opportunities at both strategic and tactical levels. You will lead clarifying the needs, pain points, and strategic bets for the International users of our product, and will set the priorities and direction for your Product team in partnership with the VP of International.
Qualified candidates will need proven experience across five key themes:
- Setting Vision and Strategy: Experience working with senior stakeholders to understand key business drivers and define, sequence, and execute strategic product investments that effectively move key metrics.
- Data-driven Product Decisions: Deep expertise working with complex data to articulate key insights and measure impact of feature investments in moving key marketplace metrics as well as financial metrics.
- Servant Leadership: Experience putting the right people in the right roles - hiring, developing, and driving outcomes through senior individual contributors.
- User centricity: Experience building great online experiences for users.
- Stakeholder collaboration: Demonstrated experience effectively partnering with engineering partners and business stakeholders to drive results.
Why We'll Hire You:
- You have a demonstrated track record of servant leadership. You care deeply about your people, and aligning their career goals with business outcomes.
- You’re a deeply analytical thinker who can navigate complex data to drive insights and address real customer needs. You are able to narrate the insights without help and can leverage the data to make decisions.
- Getting to the right answer for the business is more important than the short term answer. You lift your head up to see the big picture and use that to inform how you prioritize bets.
- You anticipate challenges before they arise and communicate consistently and clearly with stakeholders across many functions.
- You are highly effective at prioritizing, sequencing, and ensuring high quality execution from your team.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Above all, you seek the truth. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies and making hard calls.
- You are passionate about our business. You will instinctively dig into every aspect of what it means to be a dog sitter and a dog owner on the Rover platform.
- 8+ years of Product management experience in the tech industry
- 2+ years leading teams, ideally of product or technical product managers
- Passion for measuring and driving customer engagement and retention
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
- Very comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau, Periscope, or other data visualization tools
- BS/MS/MBA in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience bringing thoughtful and impactful product solutions to market
- Experience leading teams through challenging prioritization decisions, creating clear and transparent frameworks that lead to well defined roadmaps
- Proven ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within challenging timeframes and ongoing change
- Experience working with remote stakeholders is a plus
- Willingness to travel Internationally 2-4 times per year
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.