Who we are
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal in 2016 and 2017. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for
As a Rover Product Designer, your work will revolve around the core web, iOS, and Android marketplace experience. Your creative and strategic problem-solving skills will be applied in a rapid launch and learn environment. You will partner with your cross-functional peers, engage with stakeholders, and interact with customers while building an international platform for pet owners and sitters. The ideal candidate is outcomes-focused – capable of solving complex product problems with simple, intuitive solutions.
Rover Product Design is responsible for the core web, iOS, and Android marketplace experience. Our platform connects pet parents with pet sitters & dog walkers in the United States and abroad. We design for complex challenges centralized around building trust, booking and managing services, cross platform messaging, schedule management, secure tracking, and payments.
- Work directly with product managers and engineers to define product requirements and experiences
- Facilitate conversations to draw out the best ideas, and execute with meticulous attention to detail
- Drive human-centered design decisions mixing intuition with a healthy dose of data and user research
- Define the interaction and UI for new product features
- Cultivate and strengthen a strong sense of design community amongst your design and non-design peers
- Work closely with your design peers to establish and expand on the product design system
- Growth: Attract new customers to the platform and service offerings
- Core: Design experiences which act as force multipliers for the core pet services
- On-demand: Lead the creative vision for our assignment pet care services
- Search: Create an inclusive search experience for facilitating owner and provider matches
- 3+ years experience designing for web, iOS, and Android
- An aptitude for candid transparency and team collaboration
- You are passionate about our core business
- You can clearly articulate your process, decisions, and solution
- You are a design generalist with a sweet spot; a t-shaped designer with expertise in UX, UI, or visual design
- You are a self-starter, self-taught, and self-directed
- You can turn complex problems into simple, usable experiences
- You know how to motivate your non-design peers to see the value in being attentive to the details
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and can both mentor and are open to learning from your peers
- You thrive in environments that value shipping & learning vs. iterating until perfection is achieved
Be prepared to
- Walk through your examples of best-in-class work; products that you are proud of having played a major role in defining and creating
- Talk about your past experiences having shipped, failed, and what you learned
- Share a few words about why Rover is interesting to you
Benefits of working at Rover
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.