Director of Program and Process Management, Operations
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Director of Program and Process Management to join our Operations team. This position leads critical business initiatives to scale Rover’s operations, while delighting customers and driving profitability. The position also oversees program and project management across Operations, leads workforce management, and supports rhythms and processes for strategic planning, metrics and budget.
In this role, you will lead complex programs to drive and sustain growth, aligning stakeholders and improving customer satisfaction, efficiencies and cost to serve. You will help Rover Operations achieve its business objectives by building and leading a program management function to centralize prioritization and oversight of programs and projects, ensuring a strong focus on long-term strategy. You will lead the forecasting and workforce management team and function to ensure customer-facing teams are staffed to provide world class service.
The ideal candidate lives to serve customers and their team. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, act quickly to identify, implement and improve key metrics, and solve high-impact business problems. You embrace ambiguous operating environments and leading change. If you have a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, enjoy partnering with numerous organizational stakeholders, and live to deliver outstanding results, this role may be for you.
- Identify and solve for gaps and emerging needs in programs, process capabilities and business rhythms to support long-term, profitable business growth.
- Confidently leverage data and analytics to tackle broad, ambiguous questions that significantly impact Rover Operations' effectiveness and our customers’ experience. Key areas of focus could include: customer-facing product improvements, CSAT analysis and optimization, workflow simplification and automation.
- Drive cost to serve efficiencies and profitability through product, process and third party technology improvements.
- Build team, framework, processes and tools to support successful program, project and process management across Operations.
- Lead development and execution of forecasting and staffing plans for Rover Operations’ call centers; drive workforce optimization and operational efficiencies through implementation of best-in-class workforce planning processes and tools to achieve service level agreements.
- Lead development, implementation and oversight of key metrics and reporting rhythms across Operations, to drive strategy execution and consistently achieve service level agreements.
- With the Corporate Applications team, drive identification, development, implementation and management of technology solutions and tools to support Operations’ evolving needs.
- Support Rover Operations' strategic and budget planning processes, leveraging strong understanding of business objectives and priorities to provide structure and guidance to roadmap development and resource planning processes.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought and change leadership.
- Hire, coach, develop and hold accountable a diverse, high-performing team aligned with Rover’s cultural values.
- Elevate teams’ knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, as well as continuous improvement and delivery concepts; educate Operations leaders and key stakeholders on effective project planning, project management and execution.
- 15+ years experience and successful application of the principles, standards and tools associated with business analysis, program and project management and process improvement, coupled with the ability and enthusiasm to be intimately involved with the business.
- 15+ years people management experience, including demonstrated success developing and promoting direct reports.
- Strong financial acumen and data analysis skills: ability to confidently leverage data and financial analysis to understand problems, identify options, inform decisions and drive targeted outcomes.
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships, establish trust and achieve alignment across the organization.
- Communication and presentation skills to drive vision and strategy.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
- Effectively navigates ambiguity, with a strong bias for action.
- Exceptional coach and mentor.
- Inspires and achieves results through teams; establishes culture of candor, accountability and speed.
- BA/BS degree; MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.