Project Manager - Preventative
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Project Manager to join our Preventative team. Rover’s Preventative team focuses on preventing safety and fraud incidents on the Rover platform. You'll be directly responsible for driving initiatives that improve user and pet safety on the platform. You'll succeed in this role if you excel at: driving complex projects to success, partnering with various stakeholders across the organization, using data to guide decisions, managing competing priorities across multiple projects, and acting with a balance of pace and precision.
- Lead the implementation of safety initiatives according to our planned roadmap
- Establish and own cross-functional business rhythms to support key initiatives
- Design and lead user testing efforts to improve the features or adoption rate of safety initiatives
- Clearly communicate priorities and opportunities to stakeholders across the organization
- Track and monitor the health of safety initiatives and design appropriate controls and interventions to ensure their continued success
- Proactively identify, scope, and gain alignment on additional safety improvements that support our safety vision
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience; ideally within a technology company
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work autonomously in a shifting and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Strong data analysis skills, including defining key data points, gathering them and providing actionable next steps
- Excellent at time management and organization, including ability to manage multiple projects and communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- SQL knowledge preferred; willingness to learn SQL required
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.